Chapter 3: Back from the Dead

The next day Star Labs wanted to run some tests on you while you run. Which brought you to this big open field. Right now, you were putting on an uncomfortable very tight suit. Barry's was red. Yours was blue. 

"How's it fit?" you hear Cisco ask Barry who came out before you. 

"A little snug" Barry responded not happy about the suit either.

"At least you will be moving so fast no one will see you" Cisco joked. 

"Ahahaha..." you laughed sarcastically also coming out of the trailer.

Cisco rolled his eyes and continued talking. "See you thought the world was slowing down it wasn't. You were moving so fast it only looked like everyone else was standing still. Dr. Wells will be monitoring your energy output and Caitlyn your vitals."

"What do you do?" you asked him.

"I make the toys man. Check it!" Cisco held up one of his gadgets. "This is a two-way headset with a camera I modified typically designed to combat battlefield impulse noise or in your case potential sonic booms." he paused for a second before squealing "which would be awesome," Cisco said with a huge smile on his face as he took off your helmet and goggles and walked away.

Caitlyn then came over to do some configurations. She was very serious in her work. You and Barry just stared at her.

"What?" she said still doing work not looking up.

Barry and I looked at each other before he answered.

"Nothing just notice you don't smile too much."

"My once promising career in bioengineering is over. My boss is in a wheelchair for life. The explosion that put you in a coma also killed my fiancé, so this blank expression kind of feels like the way to go."

You felt guilty as she walked away from you.

It was Dr. Wells turn to come over and talk to you. "While I am extremely eager to discover your full range of abilities, I do caution restraint." He warned looking at the both of you.

You both put your feet in the starting blocks and waited for the okay. You both took off not realizing the wind from the start blew back at Caitlyn and Dr. Wells, who were still standing, but Cisco fell over. Once you got to the end you look over to see Barry ran into a set of barrels and was on the ground in pain.

After eventually making it back to Star Labs Barry got his wrist checked out.

"It looks like you had a distal radius fracture" Caitlyn said looking at the Xray on the screen.

"Had?" Barry pondered. 

"It's healed in three hours." You raised an eyebrow.

"How is that even possible" Barry asked.

"We don't know... yet" Caitlyn replied unsure but hopeful.

"You really need to learn how to stop" Cisco joked "like y/n."

Finally, a joke you liked. "Thanks Cisco." You replied with a small laugh.

"What happened out there today. You were moving pretty well and then something caused you to lose focus?" Dr. Wells focused in on Barry wheeling over to him.

"I started remembering something when I was eleven my mother was murdered..." Everyone in the room suddenly stopped and looked at Barry. You knew the story. You could see the resemblance between the night you got struck with the lightning bolt and the power you got because of it. You wondered how it could be possible there could have been someone with the same powers there that night and why on earth they would murder Barry's mom. You had believed Barry before trying to be a good friend. But after seeing what has happened to the two of you, you definitely believed him now.