Chapter 15: Partners

After locating where Leonard Snart was you and Barry quickly made your way there. He was currently at a bar called Saints and Sinners. 

You enter the establishment and see Leonard with his back facing you leaning forward against the bar. You don't have to go over to him. He sees you in the mirror wall behind the bar and turns around to greet you.

"Well, well, well," he grins "if it isn't the scarlet speedster and..." he looked at you "diamond is it now? I wonder where you got that from..." he tilted his head down as he looked up at you. You still hadn't told anyone of your encounter with him in the forest. Only you and him would know where your name came from. Your own secret with Leonard. 

Feeling his eyes bore into you, you shifted a little bit and tried not to blush. You had to stop that you scolded yourself.  Be confident! 

"We need to talk to you," you said shaking off any nerves.

He nodded before he pushed himself off the bar and the three of you started walking towards a pool table while a record was put on. The song was Cold as Ice by Foreigner. You let out a small laugh. You knew he could be sarcastic but sometimes he could also be funny.  

"You want anything? Beer? Food? The pickled eggs here are fantastic" he asked as he sits on the edge of the pool table while you and Barry lean against it.

"Nah I'm good." Barry said

"Do they have hot cocoa here?" you asked looking at Leonard. 

He glanced at you with a raised eyebrow and a small smile.  

There was a pause in the conversation, and you looked back at Barry who was furrowing his eyebrows basically saying now was not the time.

You diverted your eyes looking down. "Uh, sorry.... maybe another time" you said faking a laugh hoping to break up the awkwardness.

Barry shook his head and started to ask Leonard about what you came here for.

"We need your help with a problem".

"You must be pretty desperate asking for my assistance, but I'll bite. What do you need?"

"Help transporting some people out of the city".

"How many?"

"5..."

You perked up again. "5 very bad, very angry people who have powers." You hoped that would make it sound more dramatic so he would help you.

"Powers...hmmm... so you want me to what? Freeze the problem? Protect you from them if anything goes wrong?" Leonard said rolling a pool ball back and forth on the table.

"Honestly, yes..." you said still hoping.

He stood up from the table and leaned over it before speaking again.

"First rule of business always protect yourself. I'm not gonna help usher your enemies out of town."

He started walking past Barry when Barry grabbed onto him.

"Hey. They're not just our enemies they're your enemies too."

"I doubt it."

"They will destroy Central City."

"It's not my problem."

"You said that you loved it here. That this is your home."

"I do and it is."

"Well guess what? These people get loose, there won't be a city to love anymore. You won't be able to rob anyone if everybody's dead."

They argued back and forth neither one flinching.