1. Save Your Tears

"What's yours, will find you"

________

1988

Seoul International Airport

"Mr Jeon, honestly it's sad to see you go, there's still time, are you sure you want to leave?"

Your father wanted to convince Jungkook's father one last time before he was leaving for abroad, "I hope from the bottom of my heart that you stay," He gave Jungkook's father a downward smile.

Jungkook's father lowered his head letting out a little smile, "Mr. Choi if you are finding ways to make me stay, it's working..." Hope lights up in your father's eyes but it dims the second 'but' comes out of Jungkook's father's mouth,

"...But you know how important it is for Jungkook and us," He glances down at Jungkook, "A bright future is waiting ahead of us and as a parent, you would agree to that, won't you?"

A defeated sigh releases from your father's lips, "I wouldn't argue over that."

"Agreed," Jennie's father slips his arms around your father's shoulder, coming from behind and enchanting both Jungkook and your father with a bright smile, "But if you think this is the last time we are meeting you, you are wrong,"

Jungkook's father laughs, "Of course not, we will come back as soon as we get a permanent residency in London."

Your father groans in response, "That's gonna be really long though-" And suddenly he gets cut off when he feels a tug on his shirt. He looks down to find you, "Dad, is Jungkook leaving us and going abroad? Like forever?"

He glances at Jungkook's father searching for an answer but he makes a sad face to which your father gives you a sad smile, "Yeah,"

"Does that mean he gets new friends and he's going to forget us?" Jennie approaches you mid-conversation, questioning her curiosity, and before any of your uncles could answer, Jungkook comes by himself in between you both to answer that.

"No," He unknowingly pushes you both aside with his fat stomach. Jennie almost trips but Jungkook holds her arms in time, "I won't forget you," he meets your eyes too, "We are best friends after all."

Jennie slaps his shoulder, standing straight "Yes, and promise you'll get us chocolates and not end up eating it all by yourself," She pouts at him as Jungkook stiffly shakes his head, "That's a given, anything other than that?"

She goes into her thoughts as you do the same but nothing comes to your mind. You shrug, "Anything could work for me," and Jennie responds the same, "Yeah, same."

Jungkook nods before he pulls out his bag and removes his book and a pencil, tearing a paper and writing down something.

You and Jennie look at each other confused as Jungkook suddenly hands over the paper to Jennie, "Here's my Gmail," A little blush creeps up on his cheeks, " You need anything, text me here," He longingly looks at her as he stands up slowly stumbling your way because of his weight. You hold him in time as he immediately looks at Jennie to see if she witnessed this happening but luckily she was busy reading what was written on the paper,