23. Home Alone

"Let me happen to you."

The morning sun arises

The morning sun arises. The heat burning your eyes open. Raising your hand you try to shield yourself from it, wanting to sleep the pain away from yesterday but initially, you groan when the palm is not enough to hide that big sun away from you. You give up.

As hard as it is for you to believe, the night yesterday happened. From revealing the truth to the part where he leaves you heartbroken in your room. You remember it all pretty well. Leaving a mark on your mind and heart.

There are eyebags under your eyes as you look at yourself in the mirror. Little swelling on your face from all that crying you did on your pillow last night, plus having problems sleeping. It sure did a number on you.

You are walking inside the bathroom. Jungkook's brush is laying right beside yours, leaning against yours. Oh, your heart. With a sigh, you pick up the toothpaste only to see it squeezed out until its last breath.

You look out for another paste. Notice a vanity stuck above the mirror on the tile. You open the cupboard and witness a few necessities. There's a shaving kit, sunscreen, cleansers, exfoliator, and oil cleansers and it's all Jungkook's.

His skin, you get why it's so good. He took good care of himself. You're in awe as your eyes lower to the next section. There are bathing products, all aloe fragrance. One of the reasons why he smells so fresh and just like aloes.

You bring the body wash bottle to your nose and open the lid a little, sniffing it and whining. It smells just like him. You don't even notice and your face is heating up.

Shutting the lid off you place it back where it belongs and shut the cupboard close. Pick up the brush and the new toothpaste from the third shelf of soaps and toothpastes to clean your teeth and rinse your mouth before washing your face and going for a shower.

After you dry yourself you put on a black t shirt on shorts. Pulling a bun over your head, you wear your slippers and lock your room behind you going downstairs with a little hope of seeing Jungkook. You want to know how he is doing, whether he had breakfast or not.

The time read past twelve and there's silence around. Traces of no one around. As you walk further you see a sticky note on the refrigerator. It says that Mr and Mrs Jeon are out for today, will probably come by tomorrow and the needed vegetables are ready in the fridge for the dinner. As for breakfast and lunch, it needs to be defrosted.

Much to your surprise, the food is already in the dish, covered with dews of hot steam. The counter is clean with a freshly washed plate a little misplaced on the rack and a pair of rubber gloves used for washing the dishes.

Jungkook was here before you. Ate his lunch and left for work he does at weekends. At least he ate. This means the situation isn't bad as you thought it was. There is a way to explain yourself.