25. Magic Of Melon

"Stomach, meet butterflies."

♪  You Right - Doja Cat, Weeknd ♪

Your head is resting against the couch. Your hands clutched on the velvet mat below. Lips wet. Cheeks flushed and eyes closed. A tiny sigh lets out of your lips as Jungkook pulls away from your lips, and looks at what he's done to you. Smiles. Tilts his head again. Goes for another kiss.

This time you stop him. Hands clasp around his shoulders to resist him. Jungkook flutters his eyes open. His face is still close to yours. Your forehead's resting against each other. His eyes focused only on your lips.

"I need to breathe," You whisper and Jungkook smiles. His arm resting on the side of your head lowers. He nudges his nose with yours. Shuts his eyes. Pouts.

"But I want to kiss you."

You pinch your hand. Figuring out if this was true or not. You are bewildered. This was too much to take. Almost out of breath by merely the simplest words he could utter. He could just breathe your way and you'd still find yourself fawning over him breathless.

"Kook," You whisper and he hums. You hesitantly raise your arms to wrap around his shoulders. Not being able to resist the urge either. Want to snuggle up with him. Your fingers almost reach until Jungkook pecks your lips. Moves away. Comes back. Kisses your cheek. Becomes shy. Picks up the dishes, "Yeah, I know. Let's eat. I'll heat it again for you."

And within minutes he leaves with the food tray to the kitchen. Leaving you with nothing but shock and surprise. Thousands of butterflies flutter in you. Cheeks flush red from all the embarrassment. A pacing heart. Hooded eyes. Lips parted.

Hugging yourself close you groan and shake your head. Brushing the embarrassment away. He was here to take your breath away and you were living for it.

+++

The movie was almost coming to an end. Food was long eaten. Jungkook is seated on the couch. His body resting back, legs stretched out and hands pressed against his abdomen. He had unfortunately come up with an indigestion after a few minutes of finishing dinner.

For someone who drank coffee on an empty stomach only to have a full-course meal at night, this occurrence was bound to happen.

Earlier you had asked him what was wrong when he seemed a bit stiff and uncomfortable. At first, he simply brushed it off saying it wasn't anything serious but when it started to look serious you tried again and this time he had to give in.

That is why you're cutting a watermelon that would burn down those acids in his stomach. He had tried stopping you from going through the trouble when he said he could just visit a nearby pharmacy and get some medicines but you insisted he stay.