44. Bonfire

"I want to be with you, it is as simple and
as complicated as that."

_

_

What do you mean?" Jungkook is confused as he's getting dragged by you to the bonfire. There are mats surrounding the wood logs. Stars spread in the sky. The logs were arranged by Nam Joo. Jennie is helping arrange drinks in the tin. The small kids rushing and playing around. The adults take their seats.

It's chilly until the fire gets lit. And there's lightning in the dark environment. Sparks of light enchant the darkness.

"What?" You still have your arm linked with Jungkook's. It's chilly and you take the chance of the situation. Cling onto him more. "We're gonna have a little talent show and I want you here."

The words comfortably come out without any hesitation or stuttering. You meant it and you're not shying away. Keeping it straightforward for him.

Jungkook can't take his eyes off you. He's staring and you can feel it. But you don't look up yet. You'll be caught red if he catches you. So, you bury your head under his large arms. "Come, let's go." You lower your hand from his arm and clasp your palms in his.

And they're so warm. So familiar to you. It feels like you're back home after a long vacation. Jungkook holds them more firmly and follows you as you take a seat next to Jennie.

Shortly, Nam Joo takes his seat next to him. Hands him a can of beer and he appreciates it. Won't come to arguing like he always does. Settles on the fact that Nam Joo didn't mean any harm, but it didn't mean he wasn't careful. He was.

You're wrapping a warm blanket around you and Jennie. Hands warming up in the heat. Sweet giggles and laughs, sweetening the mood.

Jungkook got his knees slightly touching yours. You press your arms next to his. And bend slightly on him to lean on him. And Jungkook wants nothing but to get you in his lap. But of course, he doesn't. You don't push him further.

"Alright, show them talents." Your mom is pouring a glass of soju for herself, "I heard Jungkook loves poetry. Can you make us listen to a few lines of them?" Your mom is glowing with expectations and Jungkook would never decline your mom.

He softly smiles, takes a little sip of a beer can, and settles it down near his feet. Warms his hand. Smiles to himself again. Brushes his hair and tucks it behind his ear.

You're so madly driven by his beauty that you've forgotten how to breathe. You can never get used to him looking so enchanting and beautiful.