52. Enchanted

"You're the dried flower between the pages of my favourite book"

_

( Mess it up - Gracie Abrahams )
_

"Something happened." Jimin is seated on Taehyung's bed. They came to his room as soon as they left the VVIP floor.

Taehyung has now come out of the bath and is drying his hair with a bath towel. White shirt on and loose pants below as he switches on a blow drier to ignore Jimin's question. Don't want to go through feeling all those emotions again.

But when Taehyung glances at himself in the mirror, he catches Jimin eyeing him concerned. Jimin shakes his head sideways. Shows his disappointment. He simply wants to help but gets it that Taehyung doesn't want to be bothered. So he gets up and Taehyung feels bad, immediately switches off the drier and twists his lips as he picks on his suitcase. Unzips it.

"What is it?" He initiates the conversation hesitantly and doesn't want to be another disappointment for anyone anymore.

Jimin holds himself back, turns to see him, and takes a deep breath. "You seemed off after the drive with Jennie, did something happen? you don't look like yourself."

Taehyung tries to keep himself busy as he starts to rummage through his bag. Tries to pick an outfit for the party. "Yeah, a few things."

Jimin waits. His hands are under his pockets. "I can't help you if you don't tell me."

Taehyung stops and ducks his head down. Licks his dry lips. His hands clutched at his bag. "We kissed."

Jimin's face drops. Out of all things he expected he didn't see this coming at all. Taehyung shakes his head rigorously, and corrects himself, "I kissed her. Jennie." And Jimin is beyond surprised. Surprised that Taehyung was the one who initiated it.

"When she tried to kiss me back, I didn't want her to." He whispers, a little annoyed at himself but it was the right thing to do although he does blame himself for not controlling himself and kissing her first. "She was drunk, Jimin." He says to himself more than he says to Jimin, "I upset her for not letting her kiss me."

The world is revolving anticlockwise now for Jimin. He comes to understand that human emotions are so hard to read. "Maybe she wasn't drunk enough to take that decision." He replies, and Taehyung shrugs, "I don't even know if she remembers even half of it."

"What are you on?" Jimin questions Taehyung, "Do you like her, yes or no?" He asks, voice stern and Taehyung answers right away, "I do, more than I planned to."