40. Steps To Hell

"When my wounds caused by your remembrance begin to heal, I find an excuse to think of you once again."

_

_

You're struck with a heartache. For the first time, you have watched Jungkook walk away from you. Hurts you. Wants to have him back, but matters are yet to be solved.

Matters with Jennie. Some way or the other. If you wouldn't stand up for yourself and your love, who would?

Giving up? Ridiculous. It was not even an option now.

+++

The clock strikes eight and there's a bell on the door. Jennie slapped her mouth in surprise. Her eyes widened and she almost jumped out of the bed.

You sit stern and Jennie gapes, "They're here." You tightly shut your eyes, take a breather and get ready to get into this worsened situation.

Within seconds, your mom appears in your bedroom and takes you out. Jennie wishes you the best and trails behind you for support.

As soon as you make it out, you see everyone standing in the room in awe. The living room of your penthouse bright, with little flowers blooming despite the lights, and lamps lit up, but there's an intense dazzling aura attracting everyone in the room.

The children have stopped in their tracks as their eyes look at the entrance. The adults smile to their ears. As you go further, you see the bane of the light and extreme charm wavering in the room.

There's a guy.

He's suited neatly in a tuxedo with a white shirt unbuttoned by the collar. Little studs on the open collar. Hair pulled back, perfectly. No hair strand hinged. Narrow eyes with an elegant look in them. Face that included softness and warmth. Straight nose and perfectly shaped lips. Charming and sexy at the same time.

"Y/n." Your mom pulls your forearm forward, and you get dragged, "This is Nam Joo Hyuk." She introduces you to him and you see him smiling your way, too. "Remember me?" He asks and you're standing with your jaw ajar.

Oh, Nam Joo Hyuk.

Your childhood best friend?

Lord. This was not gonna be easy.

+++

"You remember him, don't you?" Your mom brings you further to make you meet him. Nam Joo is just standing with his hands respectfully rested together on his abdomen. Looking all modest. He was your neighbour before shifting away to Busan in his teenage years with his family for business purposes.

He was rich and handsome. Someone who would fit perfectly for you; according to your mom, which is. It surprised you how she even remembers him from back then. It was a long back.

Also, the fact he was here knowing it meant for you both to see yourself as a partner sent you shiver. Him and you? No way. Not at all.

Never thought of him that way. He was older than you. Not much, just three years older, just like Jungkook.