39. Flowers & Her

"You're a sun. Bright, beautiful, the world needs you.
I'm a moon. Constantly chasing you."

_

_

♪  Yes Or No - Jungkook  ♪

Jungkook has his head ducked down beside yours. Eyes shut. Hands on either side of your head. His breath was exasperating. His knees are in between your legs. He's too close.

You sucked your breath in. Eyes low. Lips bitten. Cheeks flushed. Hands resting on his forearms.

"Jungkook—"

"No, hear me out." He cuts you.

Your lips sealed tight.

His palm lowers. Clasp into a fist. Eyes tightly shut and slowly opening. He's looking at you. And you feel so small.

"S–stop playing with my heart."

You flicker your eyes at him and he looks so troubled and tense.

"What happened—"

"No—why do you have to—" his eyes fall on your Kimono. He groans and tilts his face away. "You just—just can't do this to me."

"What—" you try again, but he stops you. His jaw is tight. Hands falling. Gaze fighting to not meet yours.

"Who is it?"

Just three syllables and he's weakened your knees. He's not beating around the bush or running around in circles. Straight to the point. Asking who is the man your mom has mentioned earlier.

You're fighting to stay sane. Just want to clasp your arms around him and rest your head on his chest. Listen to all of his troubles. However, you are fully aware that you can not do so.

"I don't know." You barely whisper. "Mom did all of this."

There's a pause.

"And you accepted it just like that?"

"No, I had no idea."

"What are you going to do?"

"—love you either way."

"I'm not kidding Y/n." He breathes deeply.

"I'm not either."

He looks up this time. Those doe soft eyes directly looking into your eyes. His nose is almost touching yours. If either of you hinged, you'd kiss. And you've never been so deprived of a kiss before.

He glances down at your lips and then into your eyes. His palm grazes your arms. "If that's the case. It's not right for you to look so beautiful."

"Ruin me then."

Jungkook's eyes go wide. His lips parted and his face surprised. What? That was not on the list of the things he expected from you. What is more surprising is that you are not even taking it back; looking at him with a gaze that said you meant it and oh God, it was ruining him instead.