6. Vanilla Ice Cream

"We play dumb but we know exactly
what we're doing"

"We play dumb but we know exactly what we're doing"

_

"Jungkook!" Jennie called and ran behind him as he exited the club without turning even once. Not even looking back to know if she was coming behind or not.

He looked upset. All because of that song. It tensed her. Was she supposed to sing along? Was that of any significance? No idea. She just wanted to patch things up.

The street is quiet as she walks in her heels towards him. The lights dimmed with only a single bench and Jungkook taking his seat there.

She sighs, walks to him and takes a seat next to him. Maintaining a little distance between them. Jungkook doesn't acknowledge her presence. Has his head lowered as he's staring at his fingers clasped together. Upset.

"Jungkook..." She calls, shifts to his side trying to pursue him. "Don't be upset, c'mon. Doesn't look good on you." She tries and Jungkook slumps his shoulder and shakes his head. Not liking this.

He shrugs, and softly slaps his palm on his thighs, in a bad mood. Looks at her, "You were supposed to remember." His eyes say it all. How bad it affected him. Jennie has no idea what's all this about.

Don't wanna drag this though. She puckers her lips, "Anything I can do to make you happy?" She asks instead and Jungkook looks away defeated. Knows it's nothing much to make a fuss about. It still hurt though.

"Look, I'm sorry. Genuinely." She starts and comes a little closer. "It is in the past. I'm here. In your present. Let's consider this part instead of fussing over the past?" She tilts her face, to look at him. To make him look at her.

He does. Meets her eyes and sighs. Still feel it is not enough but wants to sort things out. Knows acting all angry wouldn't do any good. Besides, right it was past.

"Yeah," He says and Jennie lets out a smile, "Yeah?" He nods and likes her smiling too. "Yeah." He repeats and Jennie giggles. Wrap her arm around his biceps and lean against his shoulder.

Jungkook raises his brows and chuckles. She was everything he wanted, as she said, what mattered was the present, not the past and acting angry over such a thing would only make him childish.

He touches her jaw, lifts her chin, and leans down to kiss her cheeks but Jennie gets away, laughing. Leaving him kissing the air. "Hey, what you trying huh?" She giggles, shyly getting away and making Jungkook all embarrassed.

"A-actually I-" stopping his rambling, she steps forward and bends down to give him a quick kiss on his cheeks, halting him in his place.