21. Garden Of Butterflies

"Impossible loves makes the best stories."

"Are you saying you won't budge until and unless I tell you why was I crying?"

He nods, plucks the loose hair strands behind your ear, palming your cheeks and sighing, "Y/n. I don't want to see you cry." There's a soft tone in the way he speaks with you. "I'm not saying it for the sake of saying. I mean it."

The way he looks at you when he says that... anyone would think he'd do anything for you but he wasn't yours. Still far yet being so close to you. So, you avert your gaze.

"It's nothing. I just..." You compose yourself. Thanks to the pretty boy before you, the negativity almost vanish in thin air. The tears dried with no existence left. You sigh, pressing your feet together as a hair strand tucked behind your ear slips out, "I got overwhelmed with–" You point to your surroundings, "–all this. That's it."

His eyes won't let go of the little creases formed around his eyebrows. He wasn't yet satisfied with your answer. You hugged him tight as you were scared as if he'd vanish leaving you all alone. Which he wasn't planning on, anytime. He wanted to assure you.

"Look at me," He points at his eyes, "Here." And you look up at him. Jungkook decides to close the distance. The height difference between you both almost makes you scream. He was so tall that you had to tilt your head back to meet his eyes.

Jungkook presses his cold palms on your cheeks.
Your round eyes widen at the touch. "Such a cat you are." He says in a whisper as you suddenly frown. "No. Not a cat. Kitten I'd say." He corrects himself with a tiny smile, pressing firmly on your cheeks with his thumb. As if it sounded better. "Petite little kitten who wants to be a tigress. Very cute of you I'd say... but my kitten, let me tell you this." This man, Jesus. You were willing to him listen to him all day long.

"I know this isn't a situation where I expect you to act normal. It's okay to panic and get scared but..." His voice feels like a hug to you. Makes you want to correct him saying you weren't scared by those people at all but listening to his concerns for you didn't allow you to say a single word further. Just keep listening.

"I'm here with you. No matter what." He makes sure you hear him properly and clearly. His grasp around your cheeks softens. "I'll help you if you need me. Might be just not this, be it anything that would trouble you Y/n. I swear If I'm around you don't have to worry about anything."

His eyes bore into yours with care. "Anything." He repeats and nods his head. "You hear me?" The voice is deep and demanding asking you to understand him and believe in him. Jesus. He had your heart. You trusted him with everything you had. Offer him anything he asked for. Why wouldn't you?

"Perfectly fine." You reply, eyes shifting to his lips that are still not on yours yet. You bite down on your own and Jungkook gaze shifts lower to your mouth. Those plump heart-shaped pulled inside, stopping themselves from reaching his if he wasn't wrong. Even the thought makes his heart run miles and scream his lungs out.