38. Bandit Of Love

"You are killing me, and you are keeping me from dying. That is love."

_

_

"The kids are coming with us." Jennie helps Jungkook in piling up baskets of food items in the rear deck of his car.

Jungkook accepts them. Organize them together so they stay still. One above the other. "Mhmm..." he replies. Doesn't really pay attention. Is busy working.

It's been two days. Two days of Jungkook being unavailable. He is out either working on some errand, or taking kids on a small drive, reading books, or spending time alone in the garden on a bench for hours, long gone in some thoughts.

Jennie is thankful something out of the ordinary has happened today and they're going out. She knows. It's for her sake. For her to recover. And honestly, right now more than her, her friends look likely more in need of a break.

She's glad the regular time loop of depression was breaking. Not just for her. For everyone. And it was not a want but a need.

But when she thought things would get better, it just kept getting worse.

You are also crammed up in your room. Skipping meals. But besides all that, you regularly came to her room. Slept with her. And Jennie was thankful for you.

First few days she knew she was not in her right mind. Things were unbearably hard. Everything just collapsed right in front of her. Her dad was her life. And imagining he's not here with her anymore seems so hard to cope with- but there were so many people here for her.

None could let her be sad.

And she acknowledges that it was only Jungkook who provided her with the warmth she longed for. She found solace in him. Perhaps it was because she grew attached to him? Don't know. But she's found someone who'd take care of her like her father did.

Jungkook. She fell right into his arms as if he were her safety net.

But it wasn't just about Jungkook. You weren't contributing any care less. She's seen you wrap your arms around her crying and shaking arms every night. Preparing all kinds of her favourite food items for her to eat. You were trying so hard, so so hard, and giving your best to make her happy.

Although you barely got time to do that.

She was almost occupied with Jungkook, but still, you played your part. Made your way in. Slept with her. Arms in arms. Empathizing with her. Even after being so exhausted. So tired. She loved you. You loved her. And she can never really compensate for what you have been doing for her.

She was more than lucky to have two of her favourite people to be there for her.

But like she said, since these two days things have gone halfway down.