29. Trails Of Love

"And if life is repeated a thousand times
Still you, you, and again, you."
- Forough Farrokhzad

"- Forough Farrokhzad

__

"What is going on?" Aunt Jeon is standing before you with a frown on her face. Her eyes fell from Jungkook to you and from you to Jungkook unbelievably.

Jungkook seemed like he was long gone. Was still comprehending the situation that came upon himself. Can't answer a freakin' word. Needs your help.

So, you take the lead. "Actually what happened is—" Aunt Jeon does not give you a chance to speak. Waste no time. Swiftly walks past you towards the kitchen stove that was apparently still on.

"Which La la land did your brains go to? The eggs are burnt to ash!" She snaps and suddenly coughs as the pan elevates smoke in the whole kitchen.

You take a look at the stove. The eggs were burnt black. Intense smoke taking over the kitchen. Food burnt. Nothing to eat. Jungkook comes back from his la la land and gets to work. Open the windows and doors for the smoke to evaporate.

You genuinely had no idea. Didn't even realize it was kept on the stove to begin with. Starts to apologize when Aunt Jeon just brushes it off, sighs, and asks to be well aware next time. Plus point, she brought dinner luckily and asked the two of you to come over to the table.

After she leaves, you spare a look at Jungkook who stands straight removing the jacket from his arms, "It's so hot isn't it? I should probably get out." he mumbles trying to get out of the kitchen, blatantly ignoring you and getting out by luck but you grab him by his arm.

It was all because he didn't shut the door. Kept you so busy in his kisses that you forgot there was something called an egg that you were cooking.

"Where do you think you're going, sweetheart?" You step forward, make a very sweet sarcastic comment and not letting him leave yet. "Can't run away now can you?" Your fake smile only widens as you get closer to him.

Jungkook lets out a little smile at the nickname but hides it immediately, knows it isn't the right time, "O-out?" He nervously answers. "Oh?" You dramatically sound confused, "You think you can just walk away, after causing all of this?"

The smile of his fully breaks out helplessly. Licking his lips he puts his jacket on the counter, eyes on you. Comes closer. Rests his palm on your waist and lowers his head to meet your eyes properly. "Why?" He asks, "Can't watch me leave?"

You stand jaw dropped, struck over the fact that his parents are just a wall away and he dared to flirt again.

"Are you serious?" You whisper worryingly, placing your hands on his chest to push him away but you stop right there. Letting your eyes fall where your hands rested.