46. Missed Bus

"You melt my longest winter."

_

_

"Do we need anything else?" Jennie is rummaging through her purse as she is getting ready to get off the bus. "Nope, thanks for tagging along." Nam Joo is a little embarrassed. "Caused you trouble."

She's glaring at him now with her cat eyes. "There's no trouble in helping someone in need."

Nam Joo is standing proud. Chin lifted. "Good, good to hear that."

She scrunches her face and looks at the bus coming to stop. "We should get off from here." She tells Nam Joo and he picks up all the packets he had brought. Leads the way through the empty bus.

It halts and the doors slowly open.

Jennie gets off and there are a group of boys coming.

She keeps the credit card she had out in her bag and hangs her hand down only to suddenly get pulled back.

Everything happens very slowly. The wind flies mildly and the street lights cascade her cheeks. Glinting off a shiny glow. She was pulled back by her wrist involuntarily and she stopped midway. Turns and finds out her wristband has caught up in someone's hand sleeve.

The person stops and Jennie stops. The other boys are staring at the scene.

Jennie lifts her gaze and there's a very breathtaking view in front of her. Her breath gets sucked in when she sees none other than Kim Taehyung. But she doesn't know him.

Taehyung has his eyelids dilated. His heart quickened up. He doesn't know her either. This is their first encounter.

And There are few words that come to his mind. Beautiful. Art. A muse. Something that should be framed. That inspires the fire of his inner artist.

She has the prettiest cat eyes that perceive softness and sadness behind them. The way her fringes fall on her pink cheeks. The longer strands curled down her jaw. Hair loosely tied in a pony. Lips parted and bitten no idea how many times due to nervousness.

The wristband is still stuck in his watch. The world is in the play. The bus is waiting. His friends are watching the scene unfold. Nam Joo is having his jaw ajar.

Taehyung and Jennie are very close.

She glances down at her wrist. Looks at the expensive watch tucked in her wristband.

"I'm sor–"

"I'm sor–"

Both have spoken at the same time only to stop midway. Taehyung can't think straight and Jennie is suddenly so hot. The winter is doing nothing to her. This man is wearing a long black trench. Long hair curled at ends from the nape. Glinting with such a royal aura that she'd think she was in Paris.