Chapter 18: Issei Stops Being a Bitch

Azazel flew up to the same level as Katarea, the golden spear held firmly in his hand.

"Say, Leviathan-san. I hope you don't mind if I use this fight as a small experiment."

"Are you hoping feeble taunts will disract me? With the power of Ophis, you can do nothing to stop me!"

Katarea sent a wave of black snakes flying towards Azazel, which he didn't bother trying to dodge.

"Fafnir! Barrier!"

{BARRIER}

The purple orb on the golden spear glowed before erecting an invisible barrier infront of Azazel, before it was bombarded by snakes.

Rias eyes widened. "Is that a Sacred Gear?"

Issei recalled Rias saying something about how only humans can obtain sacred gears traditionally. "Did he steal it from somebody?"

Katarea stopped the snake assualt, gritting her teeth in irritation.

Azazel chuckled from behind his barrier. "Surprised? This is the Downfall Dragon Spear prototype; a Sacred Gear of my own design. The spear itself has reached it's final iteration, so I think it's time we get to work on testing the next step. Fafnir!"

At the call of it's name, the dragon spirit residing within the spear roared, the spear enveloping Azazel im a bright light.

{DOWNFALL DRAGON BALANCE BREAKER: ANOTHER ARMOR}

When the light died down, Azazel emerged clad in a spectacular golden armor. A two pronged spear of light in his grasp.

DOWNFALL DRAGON"YOU'RE UP AGAINST THE WALL, AND I, AM THE FUCKING WALL"

DOWNFALL DRAGON
"YOU'RE UP AGAINST THE WALL, AND I, AM THE FUCKING WALL"

"I-IMPOSSIBLE! An artificial Sacred Gear should be impossible to create!"

"Oh? Is that panic I hear? Kinda funny coming from the one that managed to decieve the Ouroboros into giving them power."

"Don't you dare mock me! I am Katarea Leviathan, and I carry the blood of the true Leviathan! I will not be toyed with by a foul fallen angel!"

"Is that so? Then shut up and bring it." Azazel taunted the librarian.

Katarea flew forwards, her arms splitting into multiple snakes and descended down towards Azazel.

SLASH!

With a swift motion, Azazel's spear weaved through the snakes and impaled Katarea.

The light burned her, but she refused to go down easily. Katarea's other arm also split and grabbed onto Azazel's arm, intent on holding it hostage.

"Hah! It's no use! My snakes can't be severed, so you're trapped here! Once the second wave of troops arrive, you're all finished!"