Chapter 27: Opposing Ideals

"Mmph..." Yui groaned as she opened her eyes, finding herself in her bed. "What?"

She turned her head to see a biker dude sitting on the floor, an air of sadness surrounding him. "Damn that brat. No more power, no more flying around the Gap, no more sick tricks. This sucks!"

Yui reacted very calmly.

"AAAAAAAAHHHHH!?!?!?"

Yui did not react calmly.

"Hmm? Oh great. You're awake. Come to call me stupid again?" The man sulked.

Yui's brain started working now and she immediately recognized who this was. "Wait, Red?" She then noticed the other thing. "I can still talk!?"

"Yeah, that kid changed most things to the way they were. Let you keep your voice though. Probably pity."

Yui frowned as she remembered what happened. "...You lied. You said we-"

"Would win, yeah I know. Don't need to rub salt in the wound." Red finished Yui's thought. "I already lost my power over dreams, last thing I need is you lecturing me."

Yui stared at Red before getting out of bed and performing her morning routine with minimal issue.

Well, there was one.

"Pedo."

"You think I want to watch a child shower!?"

Oof...Twitter will have a field day with this.

////

Yui walked down the stairs and headed into the kitchen to see her mom.

"Hey sweetie. Sleep well?" Ayaka turned to look at her daughter.

"Ugh...yeah." Yui hoped she couldn't see Red.

"Hmm?" Ayaka blinked twice. "Did you just...talk?"

Yui stared back at her mom, mentally berating herself. "YOOOOUUU STUPID BITCH!"

"Y-Yui..." Ayaka began tearing up.

"M-mom?"

"O-oh dear. My apologies. It's just...your voice is beautiful sweetie." Ayaka wiped her eyes. "I'll make you breakfast."

Yui sat down at the table, Red appearing at the other end. "You can relax. I already tried to get her help but she couldn't see me."

Yui sighed. If nobody knew she could talk, today would be a long day.

//Lunch//Classroom//

Y/N was surprisingly alert today, most likely due to the fact he slept in an absolute UNIT of a bed, courtesy of Sirzechs Lucifer.

"Mmm...He knows how to pamper a diva. Still hate him though."

"Are Y/N-senpai and Ophis-senpai here?" Y/N looked over at the door to see Koneko peeking through the door.

"Yo!" Y/N got up and walked over to her, Ophis following behind. "What's up?"

Koneko frowned. "Can you two come with me?"

"Uh...sure." Y/N shrugged.

Koneko silently began walking off. Y/N looked over at Ophis who shrugged her shoulders. The two followed Koneko, eventually leading down a familiar path.

"Why are we heading to the clubhouse?"

Koneko sighed. "So I can properly apologize."

Y/N rose an eyebrow in confusion. Far as he knew she didn't do anything wrong.