Chapter 29: Dense, Ditzy Angel And The Hellhound

"Really!?" Xenovia shouted excitedly from the workbench in the garage.

"Yup! Micheal-Sama has given me permission to attend school down in Kuoh!" Irina's voice was heard through Xenovia's phone. "We are so totally gonna celebrate!"

"Yeah, definitely! We haven't talked in so long, I can't wait to catch up. Ah, no Karaoke though."

"Oh, sure! We can just spar instead. So like, I gotta go, but I'll be down in a few days." Irina giggled from the other side of the line. "Ttyl! Love ya girlie!"

"Yeah, see you soon!" Xenovia bid farewell before hanging up. A wide smile formed on Xenovia's face, as she grabbed the hilt of Durandal. "Sparring huh? Perfect time to give you a test drive, eh Durandal?"

//Two Days Later//ORC Clubroom//

"Y'know, it's still pretty wild to me that I'm technically holding the biblical God in the palm of my hand." Y/N remarked as he held the Idol aloft.

"Yeah, could you take that thing literally anywhere else?" Rias spoke, hiding in the corner of her office and nursing her headache.

"What, afraid to confess your sins? Don't worry, he only goes for kids under seven."

"Oh, haha, you're incredibly funny." Rias groaned. "Speaking of that though, where is Ophis? Haven't seen her in a few days."

"Maybe you scared her off with that whole, planning our wedding for us fiasco."

"I...! Hah, I'm sorry." Rias apologized for overstepping.

"Meh. Water under the bridge." Y/N went back to fucking around with the Idol. "To answer your question, she's with Xenovia, Issei and Asia picking up Irina from the station."

"Oh right! Forgot that was today." Rias mentally chastised herself. "Guess I should give them the day off to catch up, but why is she with them?'

"She already knows I got a ring, and she wants to be surprised when I do inevitably propose. More time we stay apart the harder it'll hit."

Rias couldn't help but giggle.

"Oi, what's so funny?"

"...That's really cute, y'know that?"

"Hey, shut your trap." Y/N turned away, trying to hide his embarrassed expression.

////

"It's a pleasure to properly make your acquaintance, Shidou-san." Ophis bowed.

"Daw, no need to be so formal with me!" Irina responded by patting Ophis's head. "A lil' cutie like you oughta loosen up! 'Sides, Xenovia told me like all about you."

"Ehe...She kept pestering me about my love life..." Xenovia sheepishly rubbed the back of her head.

"It's a pleasure to see you again Irina!" Asia greeted.

"Yeah, we didn't exactly get much time to catch up before you left." Issei added.

"Oh, yeah. Thanks for coming out with Xenovia. It means a lot seeing you again Iseei." Irina responded shyly, Asia immediately catching on to the signs. "Ah! Bad Irina. Thou shalt not covet their neighbor's spouse."

"...A-anyway..." Issei decided to ignore what he clearly heard. "Anybody hungry? I'm paying."

"Ooh! Hells yes!" Irina stopped berating herself at the mention of food. "I know it isn't good to eat before a workout, but I skipped breakfast this morning."

"Workout?" Asia tilted her head.

"Yeah, Xenovia and I said we'd spar!"

"Surely that can wait for later? There's plenty to do around here, as I found out over the summer." Xenovia pointed southeast. "There's a lounge that allows minors nearby, and they have some decent food."