Chapter 22: Supernatural Wars: The Filler Strikes Back!

The gang were gathered in the buildings main foyer, the staircase still under repairs.

Hideki's hands began to glow a subtle maroon as Ryūjin began to speak.

<I assume you all know who I am, but allow me to formally introduce myself. I am Ryūjin, Dragon God of the Sea and Storms>

RYŪJIN
"BOOMER WITH A GOD COMPLEX"

"*Cough*Not a real Dragon God*Cough*"

<I heard that. Be thankful I cannot leave this wretched prison>

(I see you have not changed a bit Ryūjin. You'd think in a few centuries that people would change) Draig spoke up, causing Issei's arm to glow a bright green.

<As if you are one to talk Draig. How has your endless war with Albion been going? Not well I assume? Your partner's demeanor speaks volumes of your failures> Ryūjin joked at Draig's expense.

"Oi! I've improved! We already beat that white bastard once before, we can do it again!" Issei spoke with a hint of pride.

<Oh have you now? Let me guess, after you won everybody clapped right?>

Unfortunately for Issei, his pride means nothing to a self-proclaimed God.

"Hey man, what's your problem? You've done nothin' cept bitch and moan ever since you woke up." Hideki complained.

<Why is the caged dragon so angry? The world may never know> Ryūjin's voice dripped with venom.

Y/N merely looked down at Ophis. "Oi, what happened to mister Lawful Good paladin?"

"Last we spoke, he wasn't like this. The worship, must have gone to his bulbous, freaky looking head."

<Oh is the creep here as well? What's next? That delusional child shows up as well?>

"As far as I'm aware, Baka-Red is still in the Dimensional Gap." Ophis answered immediately.

< *sigh* Atleast I have one solace in this world.>

Rias looked to Azazel, hoping he knew any gear that was tied to Ryūjin. She was let down as he scratched the back of his head.

"Like I said before, Hideki's gear has Longinus potential. If it truly is a Longinus, it would already have some form of documentation laying around. Yet I could find nothing."

Rias shot him a deadpan look. "Why did we bring you again? You've been useless ever since we arrived."

"I'm sure he's doing his best, President!" Asia assured.

"Excuse me? Ryūjin-sama? May I have a word?"

<Finally, some proper respect! If only you weren't a fallen angel. Speak>

"You see, I'm doing research on sacred gears and the one containing you has never been documented in history before. Could I have your cooperation in research-"

<What happened to offering prayers and gifts before asking the Gods a favour? I refuse to assist you>

"Maybe after our trainin' with Tannīn. We'll have some free time." Hideki offered.

<You dare make me look like a fool!? You're lucky I can't drown you in this state!> Ryūjin yelled at his partner.

"Pardon me, but you're in the way of the workers." A devil in a construction hat walked over.

<I have no idea who you are or what you want, but you are interrupting my rant. Now I need to start over. You're lucky I can't barbecue you in this state!>