The poison

Brushing my messy blonde hair back behind my ear, I blinked sore and tired eyes. " You made me love you." I whispered, staring out the large window over looking the rough ocean. Watching the rain spit down the window and falling against the ground soaking everything.

I can see drayce's reflection in the glass. He froze in the doorway studying me. The cup of love-potion spiked tea still cradled in his hand.

" I've known for a few days." I continued, searching within myself for my strength. That last fight... He could have killed me... But he didnt. He left me there bleeding out.

He stayed silent so I continued to speak. " It's obvious. The tea is too sweet."

" You're still drinking it." His smooth, dark and handsome voice replied leveled with mine. Not shouting as we usually are. Not threatening me with venom in his words. Just... Normal.

" I wanted to see what you'd do." I replied, glancing at him and catching him swallow hard. He hadn't done anything- aside from giving me the tea. Perhaps that was the most damning thing of all. I hate to admit it but I do miss stopping him from ruining everything.

Forcing me to love him wasn't the worst part though. The worst part was being ripped from my home and continued to be beaten till I gave in. That's when he started with the tea. After I woke up the first day, he'd demand that I love him. When I refused, he'd lash out, so every morning after a few days of this, he started to come to where he had me tied, give me this tea with some toast before walking away and leaving me there till the morning.

It only took two cups before I started to fall head over heels for him, like a love sick puppy. I've dumped the tea the last time he gave me it but I realized something. Either the tea is still lingering in my system or I actually have caught feeling for him. True feelings and I have absolutely no freaking clue how...

He came closer and knelt down in front of me, taking my hand and holding the cup with the other. " You thought I'd use you?" He questioned, alarmingly gentle with his words. What is he up to?

I pulled my hand from his and took back to looking out the window and the grey morning outside. The sun hasn't even tried to shine threw the dark clouds yet. " Then why did you make me fall in love with you?" I asked plainly.

" Being a villain gets lonely and I kinda like you."

Ha, isn't that something to hear. The villain actually likes the hero. Hell I don't even want to be the hero anymore. It's embarrassing to admit but after the last few weeks of fighting everyone, I didn't have the energy to even get up and eat. I didn't even want to eat.

I still remember how this all started.
Drayce was tapping all the camera feeds in the town and planning to break into the 911 call centre but I didn't have it in me to actually go stop him.

I was already in bed for weeks refusing to eat, my power was shut off because I was broke and being a nineteen year old hero who thought it was the best idea ever to live on her own in the lair I was given was such a stupid idea now that I think about it.

Anyway. Drayce is twenty one and by far the smartest villain I've ever seen. He ended up leaving the call centre and putting a hold on his plan because I didn't come and try to stop him. He came to me instead.

I was laying under my covers on my bed in the freezing cold lair because my heat was also shut off and he came in, trying to flick on the lights and muttering to himself about me not paying the bill or something.

He found me on my bed still battered and on the verge of death. Drayce pulled the covers off me and sighed so heavily I thought he was just gonna collapse. He pulled me from my blankets and to the kitchen where he made me a sandwich. My stomach was grumbling so loudly that he could actually hear it.