Just the two of us

Gasping I sat up, heart pounding and shaking from a nightmare. Swiftly glancing around, the bedroom sat mostly in darkness other than a salt lamp I bugged Drayce to buy.

      He lay silently, still asleep and looking comfortable. I rest my head and hand on Drayce's chest, staring at the wall. I've never needed a vacation so bad. This past week has been nothing but chaos. Drayce loves it, I do not... Not anymore. It just sucks that it followed me into dream land...

      Right now, all I want to do is lay here in Drayces arms while he rubs my head so I can fall back asleep... Seemingly right on time, he stirred and rest his hand on my head.

     This. This is what I needed too... it's just been one thing after the other and I'm exhausted. I could go for a nice long nap...

      Slowly drawing circles on his chest, my fingers traced to the scar on his ribs. I did that... Speared him like a shishkabob that day. I do not even know how.

     " I can feel your heart beating hard. What's the matter?" Drayce asked quietly, not even opening his eyes.

    " Nothing. Just a nightmare."

     " Mm."

     Hugging myself tight to him, my fingers found their way into his hair. Sleepily, he kissed the top of my head and rubbed my back.

     The dream though... I don't know it just... it stung my heart...

     As soon as I started to drift back asleep, I found myself back in the dream, right at the beginning of it. What the fuck!?

      My eyes snapped up finding Drayce standing in the middle of the train tracks as a horn blasted not so far off in the distance.

      I ran to him, tears streaming down my face. " No!" I screamed, running into his arms. The look of surprise and stun hurt so bad to see. " Drayce please no!" I begged.

     He pushed on me. " I'm just doing this for you. Move, Angel."

      " No!" I snapped, getting infront of him. " If that train is hitting you, then it's hitting me too!"

      " Angel-"

      " Get off the tracks and I will too."

      He cocked his head, moving me so I was behind him. The loud sound of a horn blaring came along with blinding lights.

      Waking up gasping again, I searched for Drayce with my hands. I found him still asleep but I couldn't help but start to sob. If that ever happens- oh god...

     I hugged my knees to my chest and buried my face in my hands. Drayce stirred and his arms slid through and wrapped around my waist. " What's the matter, Angel?"

     The words couldn't form... How am I supposed to tell him I had repeated dreams about him standing infront of a train. Why would he do that? Why?

     Drayce sat up and slipped his arms around me again, hugging the sides of my ribs in his hands. " Come on babygirl. What happened?"

      " You wouldn't commit suicide would you?" I finally choked out.

      His arms tightened. " Oh baby... No, I wouldn't leave you like that. Come here. "