Mami

Pulling into the driveway, Luke was already outside on the porch  typing on his phone.

     Sliding out of the car, he stood up. Taking the few strides towards him I took his face in my hand and tilted it to look at his eye. What the hell! His entire eye darkened black and blue with his eyebrow and cheekbone red as a tomato. He scrunched up his face, looking away.

     " What happened?" I asked sharply, a weird tingle of the need to protect him lit up like fire from my soul. Maybe it's my need to be a hero, maybe it's the need to act like a big sister. Either way I felt anger burn at the pit of my stomach. Luke really isnt that bad of a person, he's not like Drayce.

     Luke pulled back and stared at the ground. " Its nothing. Um. Drayce sent you for the files I assume." He pushed away the topic and stepped up onto the porch, grabbing a box of papers.

     Taking it from him as he passed the box, I stood still, staring at him. " Luke. Who did that to you?"

     " Nobody, it's fine. Don't be such a mom."

     " I'm not being a mom. I'm asking who hurt you."

     He stepped away from me, opening the car door so I can put the box in. He didn't say anything as I slid the box onto the seat. My cat like reflexes grabbed his arm sensing him about to walk away.

     Shutting the door, I folded my arms, giving him a cold stare. The one that shows I'm not backing down and he better start talking or I'll put him in the car and take him to Drayce myself.

    His eyes fell to the ground again. " So maybe I got in a fight at school."

    " Why?"

    " Because he was being a dick and I said I'd send Drayce to deal with him. He didnt believe me so he punched me and said that if I was serious then i can let him attack him."

     A punk ass kid hit him? Over Drayce? What is wrong with this family! Oh my god. I pointed to the hellcat. " Get in and show me this kids house."

     " Natalie-"

     " Nope, I dont want to hear it. Show me."

     He sighed deeply but obeyed, going around to the passenger side so I got in the drivers side. Following his directions, it seemed to be a bit of a drive before we pulled up infront of a large two story house. Huh. Rich Parents. No wonder the kid is a brat.

     I pointed for him to wait in the car, looking through the centre console for the gun Drayce stashed in there. I won't use it, it's just for show. Maybe I can scare the kid into leaving him be.

     " You are such a mom." Luke groaned as i got out of the car, tucking the gun into my waistband. " I'd call you mom but I'm pretty sure Drayce would give me a second black eye to match this one." He chuckled, pointing to his eye.

     I gave him a grin before heading to the front door. Knocking hard, it was only a moment or two before the door opened and a tall kid about Luke's age, maybe closer to 18 stood in pyjama pants and a loose fit tee.

    " Hi." I smiled darkly making his eyes widen slightly.

    He shook the rattled look from his face and smirked. " Well hey, it's not everyday a hot chick turns up at my door."

    Funny Cam said something similar... Is this kid related to him? I mean it'd make sense. Kids tend to play monkey see monkey do with their older siblings.

    I folded my arms and stepped aside, revealing Luke worriedly watching from the car. " I heard you struck Luke."

     The boys eyebrows furrowed and eyes widened. " Hold on. You're a chick? He said some bad guy named Drayce was gonna come to my house if I beat the little dweeb." He eyed me, closely as if I'd just step out of a skin suit like an alien and become a dude. " Have I met you before? You look real familiar."