Chasing trouble

*Drayce*

And she's out again. I sighed, covering her up with the blanket. I am not taking her to the hospital. I do need to get rid of these bodies and then figure out what is wrong though.

Leaving Luke to basically baby sit her, I wrapped the bodies in old blankets and stuffed them into the trunk of the corvette. I'll only be a half hour so I'm sure Luke will be fine with Natalie till im back. Besides. I have my phone and theres a bunch of guns in the house so it's not like he couldn't just grab one.

Climbing into the front seat, I took off out of the driveway and down the road. I had Elizabeth and Bo do a digital search but they didn't find anything so I took it into my own hands and searched their pockets, wallets and phones. Turns out I did in fact kill her son and her son turns out to be good ol Ricky. Ricky's the kid who tried to bump off Keir once or twice too, then came for me multiple times. I took him out first of course. Anyway. Ricky and this kid named Harlow were teamed up, so I found his address on the womans phone and that is where I will leave them.

Originally I was just gonna dump them in the river but that's no fun so off to Harlow's house we go. It's not very far but still the ways away. I'm surprised Harlow wasn't the one to come after me actually.

Once I pulled up to the house, I backed in and dropped the bodies on the front porch before taking off. Just wait till he finds them... This should be good.

I just hope Natalie's alright. I mean she's hurt real bad but I tried my best to help her with what I have. Like I said. I'm not taking her to the hospital and I'm not calling an ambulance either. I've dealt with broken bones by myself with no medical attention so I'm sure I can handle some cuts and bruises.

Besides, she was looking better. A smirk curved onto my face thinking about her and finally seeing her body completely and utterly bare. I respected her wishes for keeping all that private and unseen for the most part but I kinda had to this time. I seriously do not understand what the big deal is though. I mean it's not like she hasn't walked in and seen me plenty of times.

My mind went elsewhere thinking about her. What I could have done. Where my fingers could have gone instead of cleaning the blood off. It would have distracted her to say in the least.

Shaking the thoughts out I realized I was on autopilot and now sitting in the driveway. Well then. Guess I better check on her now.

As soon as I opened the door, the wolf bolted from across the room to me. " Well where the hell have you been?" I asked it, shutting the door and following into the living room.

I raised an eyebrow, not sure about how I should feel. Natalie still lay curled up in the blanket I gave her but leaned on Luke with her head on his lap. Um. That's- Okay no, let it go. She's not doing the best so it's understandable that she's laying with him. It's not like she loves him or anything so just- let it go.

" She woke up for a second but passed out again." Luke whispered. " My leg is numb. Help."

I chuckled at this and shook my head. Nah. " I'm gonna get cleaned up then I'll take you off- uh- Girlfriend watch."

***

Finding Natalie leaned on the counter, I wrapped my arms around her waist. " Whatchu doing, beautiful?"

" Dizzy again."

Brushing her hair back behind her shoulder, I leaned my chin on her shoulder. " Want me to take you up to bed?"

" Yeah..."

Tucking my arm behind her knees, I picked her up. She leaned her head against my shoulder and I carefully made my way up the stairs with her. She felt warm in my arms...

Once I made it to the bedroom, I set her down on the bed. Just about to walk out, her soft voice drifted to my ears.

" Don't leave me. Come lay down."

Turning back around, I climbed up beside her. Natalie pushed her back against me so I grabbed her waist and pressed myself the rest of the way against her. She's so perfect but so incredibly banged up.

" Drayce," she murmured softly. " You can take the gun out of your waistband now."

I smoothed my hand up her sternum. " That is not a gun."

" Why are you like this."

" Cuz you're hot and you turn me on."

She fell silent and I thought maybe she's mad but she didn't pull away. She seemed to have started to drift asleep even as I rubbed the tips of my fingers over her breast bone.

" Hey, angel."

" Mh."

" Do me a favor and stay in bed till you're feeling better."

" Mm."

I'll take that as an okay. Fine by me. I'm just not sure what to do about those cops yet. Nixons brother was supposed to tell me how many there are and all that but I had to come back before I could even meet up with them. I'm sure they'll figure out I came back, especially since bodies just turned up on an enemy's doorstep. Just to be clear I did not run from them, I got them off my case and protected Natalie. Well from them, not those two. I didn't expect that situation to come up again.

No matter if she likes it or not, I think I need to step back up into top tier again. I mean I backed off because of her but that's just not going to work now. She can be angry with me and everything but I can't stay like this forever. It's not who I am and i shouldn't have faked it so she'd trust me. That wasnt right. She needs to get a better idea of what I'm capable of but this time she's on my side and she can help me. Not that I need any help, nor do I need anybody is general but there was just something about her. She hated me with a passion but still cared enough to try to stop me from being an idiot and jumping off a building and into a pool to get away from her. She refused to kill me but still whooped my ass plenty of times and that was hot.

I miss when she was a fighter. She was good and to team up with those skills. Damn. We really would be unstoppable.