Hate you, love you, f you

I fixed my denim shorts and tee before heading down stairs. I normally don't ever curl or straighten my hair and Drayce knows that so this might be a shock.

I think Cam's still here so I guess he gets to see me. Whatever. How much you wanna bet Drayce will snap and tell me to not wear my hair like this because it's too ' Hot and other guys with try to flirt'. I know Drayce and I guarantee he's gonna say something along those lines. Now if I put on a dress? Woah boy. He'd never let me leave the house... or his sight.

Peeking into the living room, I spotted Drayce and cam talking away. Cam's eyes instantly found me as I stepped into view and his jaw fell to the floor. Not literally but he was certainly shocked. Drayce glanced over and his mouth fell open too. " Holy hell. You clean up nice." Cam said causing Drayce to smack him.

" You- You curled your hair." Drayce said, standing up. " You never curl your hair." He grabbed one of the blonde curls that ringed around my face. " It looks nice."

Smiling sheepishly, I dropped my eyes to the ground. The last time my hair has ever been curled was when I had to attend a wedding because I was the little flower girl... It's been a long time...

" I gotta go to work, babe. But I'll be back in a bit." Drayce added, taking me from the pleasant memory.

I narrowed my eyes at him. Oh so he's back at it full swing huh? You know what, I won't lie. I fucking HATE the fact that he's still a mafia boss. The fact that he just leaves me even though he BEGGED for me to love him. Even risking poisoning me with whatever the hell kind of love potion he had.

Cam snickered at me and the look I was giving him from the doorway. " Dude, just let her be pissed. Who cares, we got work to do. You're a bad guy, you aren't even supposed to feel things like love. It just came from that potion." He said. " You wanted someone to love you, there you go but you don't love her, you can't love her."

"I guess she found a way to my cold dead heart." He snapped back as if I wasnt there staring at him so hard hoping he'd spontaneously combust. "

Cam laughed loudly, amused by the situation. His eyes were too mysterious to read but his grin said it all. He doesn't care about anything. " You have a heart? Ha! Okay mr. I'm going to rip your throat out for disagreeing with me... A heart." He bust out laughing at this.

At this point, being ticked off by Drayce, Cam woke the hate up inside me. All that shit we did. All the fighting and broken bones and poisoning. I'm such an idiot for doing this!

In the break of the arguing, I finally found my voice. " You know what, Drayce! I don't like your attitude." I spun on my heels and marched away, snarling at him. " Go to work and don't come back till you smarten up!"

***

By the time supper time rolled around, I made something good to eat. I'm sick of fast food. So I tried to make chicken strips, French fries with cauliflower and broccoli salad.

Hearing footsteps, I started to scowl but i got the plates out anyways. " Something smells good." Drayce laughed coming into the kitchen. " Oh, it's you." He chuckled kissing my cheek and disappeared upstairs. To change I assume.

I dont know if I want to wipe it off or just loosen up a bit. I mean I guess it'd be hard to stop being a mafia boss, you know? But I'm not like him. I don't want to destroy everything...

Setting the plates on the table with the forks and bowls of salad. I made some Shirley temples while I waited for Drayce. Might as well I guess. I dont know... Maybe my hero ways are fogging my perspective of him. I mean he hasn't tried to break my neck recently. That's um, progress I suppose.