I'll find you

*Drayce*

I shouldn't have left the way I did. I know. But if I did while she was awake then she'd be sobbing and probably try to follow me and I just didn't want to put her in any danger.

It's whatever though. I'm sure she's over it by now. It has been a week after all. I can't bare to turn my phone on to look at the messages though so I left it off in my pocket.

I can imagine how pissed she'll be when I return. It'll be a while till then though. Currently I'm in Hendersonville, about 500 miles from Natalie and those blood thirsty rouge cops...

Oh right, I forgot to fill you in. That call was my buddy, Nixon. His brother is a cop but somehow managed to get him on our side. He told him that theres a bunch of rogue cops that broke from their contract stating that I'm too " mentally insane and dangerous" to even try to persue. Bunch of pussies.

Anyway. So far the cops haven't got too close to me. They did spot me about 240 miles back but I pretty much lost them. And my truck. Guess it serves me right for lying to Nat, huh?

Pausing outside the hotel, I dug into my pocket for the money I grabbed. Heading inside i grabbed a hotel for a single night. Just long enough to rest. I've been walking for the past 5 miles so...

Yeah. Walking. That was a long ass 5 miles and I'm exhausted. Shoulda just lifted a car but whatever. I'll do that in the morning. I actually know a guy down this way who has a brand new corvette stingray just sitting around in his garage. Maybe I'll just have to borrow it.

And by borrow it I mean steal and not give back. You'll have to keep up guys. This ain't Natalie you're hanging with anymore. She's probably crying buckets at this point and burning my shit.

Unlocking the door after walking the long ass hall, I threw my backpack down and collapsed onto the bed. Ugh bed. A bed to myself at that. As much as I love Natalie, it's nice to have a full bed to myself once in a while.

Now. After I rest, grab some food and shower, I gotta meet Nixon at the langton bar tonight. I guess he's bringing his brother who knows who the rogues are. As long as I can keep them away from Natalie and my house, I should have plenty of time to plan how I'm gonna take them down.

***

Rolling over and stretching, the bed beneath me creaked. Ugh, what even time is it... I pulled out my phone and turned it back on. Might as well see those messages while I'm at it. Maybe, and I stress this, Maybe I will reply. She probably doesnt even wanna hear from me again after that stunt I pulled.

My phone rebooted and all the notifications came flying in. 48 missed calls, 125 messages and 14 other notifications. Ouch... She's pissed.

Clicking on her name, I scrolled to read a few. Yup. She's mad. Slowly I typed back, considering my words. I don't want to lose her but holy fuck. I'm not a hero. I don't play games like this.

Babe I'm sorry. There's just something you shouldn't be involved in and I left to protect you. When i kill them, I'll come back to you. I'm sorry for leaving you. Please don't be upset. I can't risk getting you killed so the further I am from you the less likely it'll be for them to hunt you down and hurt you.

I love you, Angel. I'm sorry.
We'll talk soon.

I held my breath seeing the delivered notification go to read. That was fast.

Come home.

Angel I can't.

I'm genuinely surprised she even replied. Low key don't care if she's pissed. She'll get over it and besides. How long has she known me?

Come home, Drayce.

I can't until I kill them.

I'm not asking you. I'm
telling you. Come home
before I'm dead.

What? What are you
talking about? Are you
fucking with me?

Your Baby.

What? I was just about to reply when a photo sent through. My stomach dropped. Nat-

The photo showed her tied to a chair, duct tape wrapped around her with blood and bruises all over her face and hardly dressed body.

Who the fuck are you?
What do you want?

How much does
she mean to you?

Enough.

Then come get the bitch.

A video downloaded that made my stomach squeeze as i watched. A knife pressed under her chin, tilting her black and bruised face up. She looks so exhausted and it stung to see.

Anger boiled inside me and my stomach completely knotted as they swung it at her, the tip slicing down her shoulder and part way down her chest.

I'll come just stop
hurting her.

Make it quick.

A second video downloaded and I cringed as a masked and hooded figure stepped into frame and sat on her lap. Don't- Don't fucking do anything! I'll fucking find you! I'm gonna find them and kill them!

Crushing the bedsheets in my fist, I watched as they pushed her head back exposing her bruised neck again. Hand prints and dried blood covered it making the ball of anger in me grow bigger and heavier.

" Don't you see it?" A female voice came through in the video. I didn't recognize it. " See how she's too weak and pathetic to fight back? He broke your little angel, Drayce. Not that the pathetic hero could even fight in the first place... So what are you gonna do about it, Drayce? Nothing. Because you can't."

The camera moved forward, moving to show that this ' he' supposedly, had a hand around her neck and the other rested against the side of her boob, pressing his bloody thumb into her skin. I'm gonna kill him. I swear I am.

The woman laughed reaching into the camera frame and pulled Nat up by her hair. " Can you speak, girl?" She coaxed like talking to a dog. " Come on, don't you wanna tell your boyfriend something?"

It did hurt to see her so disoriented and tortured. I can't deny that it does make me sad but angry is more of the word I'd use for how I really feel. She could barely open her eyes. I don't think she even knows what's going on.

The woman let her hair go and sent her head falling back. " See, pathetic."

The video cut. I didn't even know what to feel at this point. Anger, pain, confusion... Regret. Where's the wolf anyway? I left him with her. Knowing her she probably let it go.

I'm coming and when I get there, I'm going to kill you both.

Better hurry, we
might kill her first.

No. They have no idea who they're fucking with.