Daddy issues

Waiting for Drayce is like waiting for Christmas. I dunno if he’s still with his dad or if he’s coming home but he said he’d be back by yesterday night. I even put on the outfit I bought to impress him. Good luck with that, right?

     Come to think of it, I haven’t even heard from him since last night when he left. Actually no, he did send me a good morning text nothing after that. Just complete silence.

     I hope he’s not hurt or anything. Maybe his dads more stubborn than I thought and he’d just having a bit harder of a time trying to reason with him. That or Drayce is the one being stubborn. You can’t reason with him when he’s set on something so I wouldn’t doubt they’re both holding up their ends of the deal but neither is accepting.

       Staring at the hellcat in the driveway out the window, I put on my thinking face before deciding to go out and give it a wash. Might as well. So, grabbing the bucket of soap, mitt and the hose, I started washing. I mean it’s not filthy since I just washed it not all the long ago but it is a bit dirty from the dirt on the road and all that. I need to work off my lunch anyway.

       Just a quick wash so it didn’t take too long. It was wiping it down with the shammy that took forever because the water kept running and I tried to make sure it got perfectly dry before giving it a quick wax. Yeah yeah. I wash the car too much but I love seeing it shine.

      Hearing a whistle I spun around quickly, ready to defend myself. There stood Drayce with a black eye but vibrant smile. “ Gussied up for me?” He joked, coming closer.

      “ Hi.” I smiled, lowering my fists. Phew. I’m glad it’s him and not some random person coming to pick a fight.

       “ Hi baby.” He replied, wrapping his arms around me. “ I missed you.”

       “ I missed you too… What happened to your eye?” I cupped my hand around his face, caressing my thumb over his cheek.

        He shook his head, glancing away for a second to look at the car before me again. “ Nothing, just dad being stupid.”

       Aww.. That doesn’t sound like things went too good. I mean, the black eye, finger print shaped marks around his neck and when he outstretched his arms to hug me, I thought I saw his knuckles bruised and a bit rough looking like they were bleeding.

       “ Did everything go okay?”

       “ Not really but..."

      Drayce met my eyes once again. Not the first time I’ve seen Drayce with a black eye and I know it won’t be the last but I feel bad.

       Standing there for a solid minute just enjoying the hug, he leaned in for a kiss but stupid me moved at the same time so it looked like I was backing away when I actually wasn’t. Stupid stupid stupid.

      “ What? Don’t like my kisses anymore?”

      “ No no, I just-.”

      He chuckled a little before cupping his hand around my face and leaning in. This time we actually made it in for a kiss. Next time I’m gonna wait till he moves first to avoid that happening again. That was awkward.

      “ So where’d you get the outfit?”

       Oh… “ I bought it.”

       “ Ah.”

        Yeah… I know he doesn’t trust many people and for me to go out by myself is kinda risky but I'm fine. I’ll leave out that one mob bosses sister coming after me with bullets tho… Wait, I wasn't even supposed to tell you guys!! Don't tell him!