Toxic much

Waiting in the hellcat while Blake got cleaned up, he finally climbed into the passenger seat while I was on my phone. I ignored him and read the message from Drayce anyway.

Babe? Where'd you go?
Why'd you leave?
Are you okay?

I'm fine. Had to help
a friend out.

Friend?
Who?
I dont want you near guys.
Baby.
Angel.
Would you answer me!

High school friend. He's
after kier too and needed help.

Bruh. Who is this ' He'?
Angel.
ANGEL.

BLAKE, OMG DRAYCE.
I'M DRIVING NOW.

No, I'm coming to help you.

I dont need help!

Natalie, I stg I'm gonna
beat your ass when you're
back.

Whatever.

     Ignoring my phone, I threw it into the cupholder and backed out of the driveway. I couldnt help but think of a song that reminds me of Drayce. I mean he's not always like this but when he is, I just want to rip his damn arm off and beat him with it.

*Toxic toxic! The most beautiful things grow old and start rotting.
I should've turned away when I found out you were demonic.
Let's be honest you're the devils daughter.*

     Son technically. Definitely seems that way sometimes... But, somedays are good and I try to think about that. Sometimes it's hard but it is what it is. If you love them, you make it work.

     Turning the wheel, I pulled onto Kiers street. We'll see if he's still here... Much to my dismay the house sit boarded up with no signs of entry. Fuck. Now what?

     I stepped outside of the hellcat just as my phone started to ring. Let me guess. Drayce? Ha, yep. I hit answer and the video chat connected.

     " Natalie, you know I don't like when you ignore me."

     " I know." I replied, leaning on the hood of the hellcat. " But I have the opportunity to kill Kier. I can make sure he is dead this time."

     " Baby why did you go by yourself? You know I dont like it when you leave on your own, especially if you're hunting some asshole down."

     I sighed, looking away from the screen for a moment. " He said I had to be alone."

     Something crossed his eyes. A mix of fear and rage. " And that didnt ring an alarm!?" He snapped, walking through what I think is the house. " Natalie! You are so stupid to believe him! What reason would he need for you to go by yourself?!"

     " I don't know!" I shouted back. Huffing in anger while watching Blake get out of the car and come up beside me.

     Blake waved, now squished into the camera frame right next to me. Pure rage flashed and I could feel it straight from the screen. " Hey." Blake grinned.