Heal me

Stirring, I found Drayce holding me on his lap, eyes fixed on a movie playing on the tv and hand gently caressing my head. Amazingly enough, my stomach didn't hurt as bad. I can see a small cut on his lip that he licked. I do that too actually. Isn't that funny?

Slowly, I lifted my shirt to see the bullet hole. A small row of tiny stitches closed the open wound. Touching the stitches gently, I scrunched up my face. Yep that's tender. Probably should leave it alone.

Drayce actually did a good job fixing it up. No blood, hardly any pain unless I touch it. The stitches are the tiniest ones that I've ever seen and they're perfectly straight and evenly placed. Wow. Either he's got some severe OCD or he's just gotten really good at tending to wounds from all those fights he's gotten in.

Snuggling into him, I breathed in his scent. Ah... He smells so good... Like his literal skin smells good. I mean he's not wearing a shirt right now so obviously it's him that smells amazing.

Feeling his abs, I traced over each muscle and felt along his soft skin. My fingers found a scar and I traced over it, thinking about if I was the one who caused it or not. I don't think I did that one though.

" What are you doing?" Drayce chuckled softly.

" Oh... Sorry." I said, pulling my hand away.

He took my hand and put it on his lower abdomen. " No, don't be. I kinda like it." He said with a wink before tuning back to the movie.

I drew my fingers just above the waistband of his grey tracks, following to his side. He set his hand over mine, grinning. Oh ho ho he's ticklish! " Don't even think about it." He said in his grumpy bad guy tone but I know he didn't mean it. Maybe his words but not his tone.

A smirk formed on my lips and I pulled my hand out from under his, immediately tickling his side. He squirmed, leaning to hide it and trying to push me away from tickling him.

Giggling, I moved back to his abs and he settled, gazing at me suspiciously and taking my hand. His smile covered up the irritation of me tickling him.

" You're so gorgeous." He said softly, staring into my eyes. He leaned forwards and kissed my lips, just once before glancing at me.

" Ugh, gross." Someone said startling me. I gasped seeing Alex with a shot gun. " I was just gonna kill him but looks like I gotta kill a hero too." She said. " Not much of a hero now, are you? Little toy for him to play with?"

Alex is one of the few people that equally hate both bad guys and good guys. She's that kinda person that just wants us out of the picture and for her name to be on top so people will treat her better than everyone else. I only know of three like her and have been in a near death experience with all them. Unfortunately. How she even got in here is beyond me though.

Now, the fact that she called me a little toy pretty much equally pissed me and Drayce off. I honestly don't get why everyone's so hard on us. I didn't say I was gong back to being a hero. I sold my lair so what the hell is the problem?

Drayce shook his head, unamused. " You know, I'm getting tired of having to lie to Nat. I mean I said I wouldn't work but here we are because people like you are jealous little bitches."

I held back from laughing at what he said. Oh man I really want to but I gotta keep a straight face... Jealous little bitches... haha! Okay okay, shut up or you'll laugh I know...

Half assed, Drayce casually grabbed the barrel of the gun and turned it on her. He walked her outside. A loud bang erupted right by the open door and I could have sworn I seen blood.