Gone

Rolling over, a loud ringing startling me awake. My head was cloudy and completely groggy but my senses worked enough to know Drayce rolled over too and grabbed his phone that rang out blasting some song by Falling In Reverse as he told me. I dunno. It's his favorite band I guess.

I yawned, pulling the blankets up to my shoulders and laying my head on his stomach once he laid back down and answered.

" What now?" He asked in his sexy morning voice. Ugh. I love that voice... There was a long pause before he spoke again. " And why do I need to be there?"

Be where? He's leaving? I don't remember him saying anything about leaving to go somewhere. Actually, I think he's hiding something. I mean with what happened yesterday and everything. It's obvious there's something wrong.

" I'm not going." He spoke into the phone. " No I am not." He argued back. Oh boy. He sighed. " For how long?"

I glanced at him and he rest his warm hand on my head, stroking my hair. Confusion and frustration crossed his eyes. That can't be good. It's never good when he gets random phone calls.

" Oh great!"

The level of sarcasm in his voice was enough to practically scream, " run he's pissed" , but he stayed on the phone. Clearly they don't know him very well.

He sighed and hung up. My anxiety started to brew and a knot formed in my stomach. This can't be good...

But... I have to trust him... There's no reason why I shouldnt, right? Well theres probably a hundred reasons not to, but to love someone means you have to trust them.

Should I even ask?

" Go back to sleep baby, it's still early." Drayce said, cutting into my train of thought.

Right. Right... He won't leave me in the middle of the night. He'd tell me if he really was going to leave. He can't because I'll know anyway. I'm laying on him so I'd feel it if he left. I just- ugh. It's hard to reason with myself sometimes...

***

Rolling over, my heart completely dropped to the pit of my stomach realizing he actually did leave me in the middle of the night. Panic soared through me and I frantically scrambled out of bed. No no! Why would he leave like that! What happened? I don't understand!

I searched the bathroom, the office, every single room in this huge ass house, nothing. He left everything except a few guns, his boots and jacket. Fuck! Why would he do this to me?

Scrambling over to the window realizing something, his truck was gone but the hellcat still sat in the driveway. He got it started? Huh? But he said it was broken down? He literally had someone tow it here! How'd he get it started?!

I held my breath feeling tears burning my eyes. He left me... He left me without saying anything! How could he!

Dashing up the stairs, I heard nails clicking behind me. Ah so he left me with the wolf! I don't even know how much to give it of that mixture he made!

Diving across the bed for my phone, I hit his number on speed dial. It rang twice than went to voice mail so I tried again. Same thing. Ugh! I hit our messages and started typing.

Drayce!

How could you leave me!

Where are you?!

Drayce you better answer this phone!

How could you just get up
and leave me in the middle of the night you asshole!

Fuck you!

You left me without saying anything!

I hate you!

I fucking hate you for leaving me!

I thought you loved me!?

My heart ached knowing what he did. How could he do this to me? I should have known. I was tired and trying to calm my anxiety but look what happened. I should have just stayed awake and maybe I would have caught him. Where the hell did he go!?

Why'd he leave without saying anything? Why?