My bad

Leaning on the table, Cody held a warm cloth to his nose. I don't know how many times I've apologized to him but I still feel bad. It was an accident but I still practically beat the crap out of him.

     Now that I hauled that bitch out of the house by her hair after she attacked me without any help whatsoever, I'm currently not even talking to Drayce. He didnt even try to stop her. Obviously somethings up so he can suck it. I'll just take the damn hellcat and leave.

     My eyes flickered up to Drayce as he came in, rubbing the back of his neck. " Can I talk to you? You know, alone?"

     " Why so you can come up with an excuse about her?" I fired back, tossing the Kleenex I used to stop my bloody nose into the garbage.

     He sighed. " No. I never liked her like that, Nat."

     Rolling my eyes at this, I folded an ice pack in a tea towel and slid it to Cody. The finger nail scratches that traveled down my arm still bled but I didn't care.

     " That's not what she said." I replied harshly, keeping my eyes on Cody instead of him.

     Cody pressed the ice to the side of his head, meeting my gaze steady, almost silently questioning me. I swear he's probably calculating weather or not he needs to either A: run or B: protect me. Maybe both.

     " Look if you'd just hear me out."

     " Fine." I turned and headed for the door, gesturing to it. Meeting Cody's eyes for a moment before heading outside and folding my arms. The warm air felt pleasant actually.

      " So yeah back in high school I used to hang out with her but I wasn't looking for anything serious. Okay yeah maybe I did kiss her but I don't care about her. I never have cared about her. She needed a job so I said fuck it, if she wants to serve as a errand runner than so be it. Its nothing more than that."

      " Why should I trust you?"

      " Beacuse you know me." He replied. " The real me." He took my hands and stepped closer. " The me nobody but you knows."

     I sighed. Okay maybe I over reacted but, still! Why'd she just show up here, break in and then Drayce do nothing?

     " I still have questions. Like why she br-"

      Drayce leaned in and shut me up with a kiss. Ugh! Why does he do that! Its equally annoying and damn hot at the same time.

     " You're annoying." I muttered.

     " I know." He chuckled, folding me in his arms. " But you love me."

      " Sometimes."

     He snorked, kissing my forehead. " Liar."

     Yeah yeah... maybe I do love him more than I admit but you try being a hero dating a wild bad guy who scares the shit out of everyone,  even cops. It ain't easy. He can be a real dick sometimes. Since you're following my story, you obviously know that. I mean you guys get it don't you?

      What am I doing. Talking to someone like they're there. Jeez. Maybe I do have head trauma. After all those fights and concussions, I'm surprised I don't.

     " Forgive me?" He asked softly, caressing my hair.

        " No."

      " No?"

      I shook my head stubbornly, forcing back a smile. He grinned, brushing his fingers across my cheek before cupping around it. He leaned in and met our lips together.

      Okay. Fine. Its hard to stay mad at him anyway. Pretty sure he'd make me forgive him anyway.

     "I gotta go to work. I might be late so don’t wait up, I promise I'll fire Catrina, alright? You can stop being jealous then."

     " I'm not jealous."

     " Mmhmm."

       Glancing over hearing soft panting, Zeus padded his way over to me and flopped down at my feet. Giving his head a little scratch, I smiled. Never in a million years would I have thought I’d have a wolf as a guard dog. How'd he get out anyway?

                                                                                                  ***

       Stirring feeling a heavy weight on me, I glanced around, the tv still playing venom. Huh. Must have had a quick nap on the couch.

       Glancing down, I realized the heavy weight is Drayce laying on me. Oh I think his heads bleeding… No, that could be dried but my eyes fell on a red ring around his eye, from his eyebrow to his cheekbone. Someone took over my job I guess...

       As much as I do like this, he’s making it hard to breathe. He’s laying right on me with his head on my chest… Cute but holy, heavy when sleeping.

       Checking the time, to see what time he rolled in at, it was just going on one thirty. Oof. Did I really say up that late watching venom? Eh. Oh well. The movies totally worth it.

      Noticing a long scratch down his bicep, I furrowed my eyebrows. He didn’t even clean try and clean up? Was today really that bad that he just wanted to come home and snuggle with me?

      I brushed his hair back from his face, checking on that dried blood. I can see a cut on his head that bloodied hair is stuck to. Old me couldn’t care less but new me wants to know who was beating up on him. It's just so conflicting though! Like the past, it infuriates me but now... Well now seeing someone else put wounds on him infuriates me even more.

      He flinched as I touched the cut. Oops- Didn’t think it hurt… “ Sorry.” I whispered, wondering if he’s awake or he just moved in his sleep.

       “ It’s ok..” He muttered, kissing my chest before laying his head back down.

       Well that answered my question. “ Bad day?”

       “ Uh-huh…"

      “ You’re bleeding.” I said, realizing the cut on his head had started to dribble blood down his face.

        “ Yeah well that’s what happens when someone decides to throw a rock at you.” The replied, slightly snappy. “ Look, I’m tired and had a bad day, I don’t wanna deal with it right now.”

       Okay, sheesh. Grumpy are we? Whatever. If I had a bad day I’d want to just cuddle up too so I’ll just treat this like how I’d want it to be treated. I played with his hair while he quietly fell asleep on my stomach.

       Reaching over and grabbing a Kleenex, I poured some water from my water bottle onto it before gently wiping the long trail of blood off his face, trying not to disturb him.

      Slowly wiping the long cut on his arm, he moved a little, sliding his hand under my shirt and hugging me. Maybe I should wait to clean his cuts… Until he has rested I suppose.

     I dont know... Being an ex hero or whatever you prefer to call me, it's just kind of complicated you know? I once inflicted these cuts, burns, scars and broken bones. That was my job at one time and I couldn't care less how bad i hurt him. Now... Now this weird protective side of me wants to strangle whoever supposedly threw a rock at him. Who the hell chooses a rock as a weapon anyway?

     I gotta meet this person. I'm anxious to know who it is and what they're doing and why they're doing it. Like for real.

     A rock. I snorked just thinking about it. I guess if you're defenseless then you'd grab it and chuck it at him but it'd have to be a fair sized chunk to cut him like that... Maybe theres more to this than he told me. Maybe I underestimate the damn damage a rock does. I dunno.

     It wouldn't suprise me any if that Catrina chick did it. Especially if he just waltz up to her saying like oh my girl doesnt like you, you're fired. That would be a shock wouldn't it? Actually I would have loved to seen her reaction.