Do you love me?

Waiting for Drayce to get home, I finished up the last few totes by myself and tossed the buckets in the garage. I don't know how long he will be so I'm trying to keep myself busy. It's so boring without him though. I mean, I had a dog till I got sick. My mom came and got her with no questions asked like I requested. So yeah, I kinda feel lonely in this big lair while he's at work.

It feels strange to not go to work and stop him but I'm sure I'll get used to it soon. I hope anyway. I just might go stir crazy if I don't pick up a hobby to occupy me now.

Hearing footsteps, I turned and noticed Drayce limping towards the couch . " Hey, angel." He said quietly, carefully sitting down.

" Bad day?" I asked, pushing the last few books from the box onto the shelf.

" Yeah..."

I wonder what happened. I can't blame myself for his injuries this time. I'm not working anymore so either someone already took my place or he just got hurt by his plan backfiring. I've seen that happen before.

" It's different having someone to come home to." He said as I folded the cardboard box so I could toss it out. " I kinda like it."

" That's good." I smiled throwing the box into the tote that I used to hold the other boxes.

Moving on to folding the laundry I did this morning, I almost forgot about it. I've been a busy bee today trying to fight boredom and the fact that I was alone.

Drayce looked like he was in quite a bit of pain as he adjusted the way he sat. He pat his lap. " You're not my maid, come sit with me."

Stepping closer, he pulled me to sit on his lap. I eyed the laundry basket though. Ugh, that's a problem of mine. I have to do it if I think about it. I mean, if I see it sitting there's it'll annoy me till I do it.

Snapping out of it, realizing Drayce kissed my neck, he wrapped his arms around me. " I missed you." He said muffled in my neck.

" Hey me too, it's lonely when you aren't here." I replied. " I tried to keep busy."

" I can see that." He chuckled. He caught my arm as I reached over to grab the laundry basket. " Don't worry about it." He whispered but I got up and started to fold it anyway. " Why must you be so stubborn? Come here."

I stuck my tongue out at him. " Make me." I laughed throwing a towel at him and jumping a few feet back as he stood and tried to grab me. A laugh escaped my throat and I swiftly dashed over to the doorway.

A wince came, startling me. My eyes found him grabbing his leg. Uh oh. I forgot that he was hurt... I was just about to ask if he was okay when he stood up straight, grabbed me and wrestled me onto the couch with him.

He tricked me! Ugh. What a shit!

" I so don't wanna go to work tomorrow but cam asked me to help him out."

" Again? Now that you actually have me, you're still gonna work almost everyday." I sighed rolling onto my side so I looked away from him. It pisses me off that he's still gonna work like usual even though I'm here.

He touched my arm but I shrugged my shoulder trying to get him to move his hand. " Come on, angel... Don't be like that." He said, caressing his fingers over my cheek. " Come on... I'll make it up to you, what do you want? A back rub?"

" No." I scoffed.

" Snuggles and a movie?"

Ugh take a damn hint! " I want you to actually cut work a little and spend time with me because you're the one who manipulated me into this!"