16 - Dark Hollow

Elsewhere, the other half of the group were walking through the woods on their way to Tinkerbell, David was drinking water from his canteen, "Here," David said and he handed it to Mary Margaret.

"I'm okay," Mary Margaret said as she brushed him off.

"Are you? Because you've hardly said two words to me since the caves. Hell, since yesterday. Look, I...I know you're upset I didn't tell you I was poisoned and that I didn't pick you. And even though it might seem like it wasn't fair, that's all I was trying to be fair," David said.

Mary Margaret stopped walking, "I think Tinkerbell's is this way," Mary Margaret said and started walking again, David paused for a moment and sighed.

"You okay?" Sebastian asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Faye said.

"Are you sure? Because you've lost a friend," Faye looked at him, "All I'm saying is that you need to be careful, Priscilla," Sebastian said.

"And what's this about us leaving?" Faye asked.

"About that..." Sebastian sighed, "Maybe another time," Sebastian said.

At Dark Hollow, the other half of the group walked up to it, to see it covered by an overgrown bush, "We're gonna have to cut out way through," Neal said.

Elaine unsheathed the cutlass and handed it to Neal, "Here, use this," She said.

Neal looked at it, "My cutlass," He took it, "You find it in the cave?" Neal asked.

"No. Actually, Killian gave it to me," Elaine said.

Neal looked at him, "Since when are you sentimental?" Neal asked.

"I thought Elaine would wish to have something to remember you by," Killian said.

"Oh. Thanks. She's got me now," Neal said and walked off.

Elaine looked at the pirate captain, "What was that about?" Elaine asked.

Killian looked at her, "I assumed he'd heard my secret. And I also assumed that you'd told him about our kiss," Killian said.

"Why would you assume that?" Elaine asked.

"Because I was hoping it meant something," Elaine said.

"Killian... Of course, it meant something, but what it meant I have no idea. I was happy you told me about Neal still being alive, I realised you could've kept Pan's information to yourself," Elaine said.

"Why would I have done that?" Killian asked.

"I don't know. Maybe Pan offered you a deal? Why else would he tell you? He's one for games," Elaine said.

"It was a test," Killian said.

"What?" Elaine asked.

"He wanted to see if I'd leave an old friend to die even if the old friend happened to be vying for the same woman I am," Killian said.