17 - Think Lovely Thoughts

Flashback

A man named Malcolm was playing a card trick in a town on a table with another man with his son standing next to him, "Follow the lady, gents," He moved the cards around on the table, "A shilling returns two," Malcolm said, the man that was standing opposite him picked a card and Malcolm turned it over but it wasn't the queen, which he was needing to get and he glared at Malcolm as the crowd around them laughed.

"What? Don't feel too bad. You're not the only one who's been spurned by the lady tonight. She's been quite she all evening," Malcolm said and giggled then took the mans' money.

The man grabbed Malcolm's wrists, pulled his sleeve down and saw he was hiding a queen's card, "You tricked me," The man said.

"How'd she get in there?" Malcolm asked.

The man punched Malcolm in the face and then held him up against the wall and was about to hit him again but the son intervened, "Please, don't hurt him! He's my father!" The young boy begged.

"You'd be better off without him," The man said and kneed Malcolm in the stomach as he took all the money Malcolm had.

"No, no," Malcolm said and the man walked away.

"Are you okay?" The young boy asked as crouched beside his father.

"The cost of the game. He didn't even leave me a shilling for a pint. How rude," Malcolm said.

"He took all of our money," The young boy said.

"Yes, but I'll figure something out. I always do... Rumpel," Malcolm grunted as he stood up, "Roll up!" Malcolm said.

End of Flashback

At Pan's camp, Pan was laying Wendy onto a bed with Henry and Julia standing next to him, "How is she?" Julia asked.