45 - There's No Place Like Home

Flashback: Portland - 2001

At a deserted amusement park, Elaine stood waiting for someone, Neal walked up to her carrying one coffee to go in each said.

"Where's Emma and Katy?" Elaine asked as she took one of the coffees.

"They decided to wait in the car," Neal said.

"Right... You know when you said you owed me a drink. I thought we'd met in a place like a bar. A restaurant. Or someplace... You know... With chairs," Elaine said.

 With chairs," Elaine said

"Patience," Neal said.

"Not my strong suit," Elaine said.

Neal chuckled a little, "I'm beginning to catch on. I've got something better in mind. Here. Hold this," Neal said as she gave her his coffee.

He knelt down in front of the gate and used a wire to pick the lock. Elaine was watching him, "What the hell are you doing?" Elaine asked.

"Tumblers. It's all about the tumblers," He successfully picked the lock and opened the door, "Come on," He stood up and took her coffee as she looked at him unsure, "It's worth it. I promise," Neal said, taking her hand and they wanted the amusement park, Neal switched on the lights for the carousel.

Elaine looked at it in awe, "Wow," Elaine said.

"What did I tell you?" Neal said.

"Yeah, alright. It's pretty cool," Elaine said.

"Tell that to your face," He smiled, "Come on," Neal said and they ran up the steps onto the carousel.

Neal lifted a bar up to one of the seats, "Hop on," Neal said and Elaine sat down then he lowered the bar before he took a seat in front of her