33 - It's Not Easy Being Green

Late at night, David was asleep in Faye's room when he heard clattering from downstairs and he woke up to find Faye wasn't beside him, "Pri?" David said as he got out of bed and went downstairs.

Faye poked her head out of the kitchen, her hair back to dark brown, "Did I wake you?" Faye asked.

"Just a little bit... What are you doing?" David asked.

"I need to learn how to bring my realm here because you wouldn't want to leave you girls, I wouldn't want you to leave them either..." Faye said.

"And what issues will that cause?" David asked as he gestured to her stomach.

"I don't know..." She looked at him, "I'm sorry, David," Faye said.

"Why are you sorry? You did nothing wrong," He walked up to her and placed his hands on her stomach, "This is our future," David said.

Faye smiled, "I like the sound of that," Faye said.

"Come on, you need your rest," David said and gently led her out of the kitchen.

Flashback: Oz

A green cyclone dropped a basket beside a yellow-brick road. In the distance, the Emerald City was stood. A woodcutter and his wife were walking along the road when they heard a baby wailing.

"Did you hear that?" The woodcutter's wife asked.

"Nothing. Stick to the road," The woodcutter said.

The wife noticed the basket on the ground, "Oh, where did it come from?" She asked.

"The cyclone must have dropped it," The wife walked over and saw the baby inside then she started continuing the green ribbon that was around it, "Dear, what are you doing?" The woodcutter said.

The woodcutter's wife picked it up, revealing the baby, "What do you expect me to do? Leave the poor thing to the wolves? She's beautiful," She said.

Suddenly a branch was close to breaking over their heads, the woodcutter noticed as the baby raised her arm, changing the branches direction with her magic, so the couple weren't harmed. The branch landed a few yards away. The woodcutter stared in shock and fear as his wife looked at the baby girl lovingly and oblivious to what she did.

"She did that. She knocked that tree away," The woodcutter said nervously.

"Calm your nerves, dear. It was just the wind. She's only a babe and she needs our help. Can we keep her?" The wife said.

"That's not a good idea. Didn't you see what she did? She's not like us," The woodcutter said.

"You're right, she's not. She's alone and we're going to take care of her," She walked back to the yellow-brick road looking at her husband, "Now, stick to the road or we'll never make it to the Emerald City before dawn," She said as she started walking again.