28 - Witch Hunt

Flashback: Enchanted Forest - One Year Ago...

The Evil Queen and Robin were walking through a dark cave that led to the Dark Palace.

"So, where are we headed?" Robin asked.

"There's a fire in the courtyard that powers her spell. As long as it burns, the shield will stay up," The Evil Queen said.

"Then we simply need to put it out," Robin said.

"I simply need to put it out," She corrected him, "You need to say out of my way," Regina said.

The Evil Queen stopped Robin from walking any further and he looked at her to see her looking at the ground, he followed her gaze to see a bunch of tiles on the ground.

"Step in between," The Evil Queen told him.

Robin looked up to see metal spikes at the end and he realised if he stepped on the squares, the spike would be set off and they would be impaled, "Oh. Nice little surprise," Robin said.

"For keeping people like you out," The Evil Queen said as she walked between the squared.

"People like me?" Robin said as he also walked between the squares.

"Thieves," The Evil Queen said.

"Ah, yes. True... But we aren't all bad, you know," Robin said.

The Evil Queen chuckled, "Not when you tell yourself you're stealing from the rich to give to the poor. I may have done bad things in my life, but at least I own it," The Evil Queen said and they walked safely passee the spikes.

"I own my mistakes, too... I hope you didn't let me come with you just so you can walk me into one of these traps. Roland's already lost his mother. I would hate for him to lose his father, too," Robin said.

"Well, then, you should have stayed with the others," They both continued to walk deeper into the cave, "So, Roland's mother what happened to her?" The Evil Queen asked.

"After our boy was born, I inadvertently put her in harm's way during a job. It was my fault. Like I said, I own my mistakes," Robin said.

They stopped walking when the Evil Queen saw the door that led into the castle was wide open, she looked at it in surprise, "That's not possible," The Evil Queen said.

"What's wrong?" Robin asked.

"That door it's open," The Evil Queen said.

"Perhaps you left it unlocked," Robin said.

"I sealed it with blood magic. I'm the only one who can open it" The Evil Queen said.

"Clearly not... It appears the Wicked Witch is a formidable foe," They walked through the door and Robin noticed a coffin in the middle of the room, "What exactly was this place? Must have been important for you to seal it by blood," Robin said.

"A crypt... Isn't that obvious?" The Evil Queen said.

"Yes. What I meant was, who was it built for?" Robin asked.