31 - Quiet Minds

Storybrooke...

Elaine and Emma were walking towards Granny's Diner and Killian was sitting on the steps of the diner, "What are you doing out here? We were meeting inside," Emma said.

"I need to talk to Elaine," Killian said.

"Alright," Emma said and knocked on the door, Granny opened the door and Emma walked inside, shutting the door behind her.

"Is everything okay?" Elaine asked.

"I just wanted to check on you... About Bae and the children and finding out your father's expecting another child," Killian said.

"Oh... Oh, right, it's a lot I'll admit but... I'm doing okay," Elaine said.

"You sure?" Killian asked.

"I'm sure," Elaine said and she kissed his cheek.

"Shall we get inside?" Killian said.

"Yeah," Elaine said and they walked to the door, Elaine knocked on the door and Granny let them in.

"If you want privacy, talk fast. We open in twenty and no one gets between Leroy and his bacon," Granny said.

"Is there any sign of our quarry?" Killian asked.

"We went all over that farmhouse and the land around it. Nothing," Emma said.

"Well, now that the sun's up, we should hit every place Gold might go. His house, shop, his cabin," David said.

"'Cause dead men love vacation homes," Elaine sighed and sat on a table David was sitting at, "Can someone... Probably Regina," Regina looked over, "Explain to me and Em how this is even possible? We all saw Gold, he..." Elaine said.

"Disappeared into nothingness," Mary Margaret said.

"Regina? Anything?" Elaine asked.

"Honestly, I have no idea... It's against the laws of magic to do something like this," Regina said.

"I might have an inkling," They all looked at Kilian, "When we went back to the Enchanted Forest, Neal was talking about the possibility of gett his father back," Killian said.

"What? How?" David asked.

"He didn't know how. He just... He missed his family," He looked at Elaine who shifted anxiously, "He was desperate to find a way to return to this world. He believed that bringing his father back was the key," Killian said.

"Well, if that was his plan, then obviously something went wrong. Because, while Gold might be alive and kicking, Neal is... He is..." Elaine's voice shook a little and she took a deep breath, "We don't know what he is. We don't even know if he made it back to Storybrooke. No one's seen him since this new curse," Elaine said.

"He's out there somewhere," David said.

"With all due respect, we have bigger issues right now, than who brought Gold back. The fact that he was in the Wicked Witch's basement for one. I wanna know what the hell she was cooking up with him," Regina said.

"Well, the best way to find that out, would be to ask Gold, right?" Mary Margaret said.

"He tells us who the witch is, maybe how to track her down," Emma said.

"I'm gonna head back to that farmhouse. It's possible this witch left behind some trace of potion or special ingredient," Regina said.

"Try about it," Elsie said.

"Just be careful," Emma said.

"Well, she's the one who needs to be careful. She invaded my space. When I return the favour, I'm not pulling any punches," Regina said.