43 - Snow Drifts

Flashback: Boston - Eighteen Years Ago...

At Happy Cottage Children's Home, a little girl was handed a stuffed Mickey Mouse toy by her new adoptive parents. She waved goodbye to the other children before getting into her new parent's car before they drove away.

The woman who ran the home then started to usher the children back inside, "Alright, everyone. Back inside. It's almost dinner time," All the children went inside but two eleven-year-old twins, Emma and Elaine, and their older sister, sixteen-year-old Katy "Don't worry, you'll find a home too, Emma, Elaine, Katy," The woman said.

"It's too late for me. I'll be out by the year is done," Katy said.

"Age was against you, I'm afraid," The woman said and walked inside.

"We'll always be together, right?" Young Elaine said.

"Yeah," Young Emma said.

"Always," Katy said and the three of them held hands.

End of Flashback

Everyone was gathered at a gravestone, mourning Mary Margaret. Faye's baby started crying and she gently rocked him back to sleep before walking away, David watched her walking away. Faye leaned against David's truck as she tended to their son.

"She feels like an imposter," David looked at Katy who was holding Noah, "Snow was your true love and Pri... She's just given birth to your son and now we're here... At Snow's funeral... She feels out of place," Katy whispered.

♥✨♥✨♥✨♥✨♥✨♥

At the beach, Killian walked up to Elaine, "Thought I'd find you here," Elaine looked up, "You okay, love?" Killian asked.

"Yeah... I'm okay," Killian stood beside her, "Just... I don't know how to feel," Killian looked at her, "Mary Margaret was... Is..." She sighed, "She was my mother no matter what at the end of the day... But I didn't know her... Like that, so I don't know how to feel," Elaine said.

"I get that, love," Killian said.

"I don't know what to do, Killian," Elaine said.

"That's why you want to leave," Elaine nodded, "So this feeling stops?" Killian said.

"I do care about you, but I can't live my life knowing that I'm on borrowed time... I want to be with my children as much as I can, in a place I believed was home," Elaine said.

"You wish I didn't tell you the truth?" Killian asked.

"No... I wish..." Elaine sighed, "What I wish is that I stop wishing, only gives me trouble," Elaine said.