Chapter (4) Prince Jaeun

(The prince fell off his horse while training and had to return to the palace with minor injuries. Therefore, Crown Princess and Lord Sangheon was accompanied the prince to his quarter. Lord Sangheon said....)

What exactly did your mind wander off to while on the horse that you made such a foolish mistake?

I..I apologized.

You haven't been yourself these days, Your Highness.

(When her grandfather told like this, the prince look to her mother, and so, the crown princess said to Lord Sangheon that....)

It is because the prince get shock and sad of his preceptor death. Please do not put too much pressure on the prince.

I am saying this for the sake of you two, Crown Princess.

(And then he look back to the Prince and said .....)

Your Highness, you are my precious grandson. It is also why you must be perfect. The successor of the throne must not show any weakness. Do you understand?

I will take note. Sorry to worry you, grandfather.

Please take a rest now and careful next time.

(After that Lord Sangheon left and the Crown Princess said...)

Did it hurt so much... ..

Not that much

What your Grandfather said was true. Your brother is a perfect prince. Even if you do not catch up perfectly, your qualifications could not be so different. I will ask Bodyguard Yoon to teach you privately. Please Practice well.

I understand, mother.

Ok..please change your cloth and rest

(After taking care of her wound and rest for a while, the prince went to the training ground and practiced archery. Someone was adjusting the prince's posture from behind while he was shooting the arrow. So, the Prince aim him with arrow and said,

Who are you?

It is me, Hyun.

Hyun?

(When Eunuch Hong, who bring the snack for prince saw this condition, he quickly run and said...)

Are you training together?

No, does this look like training to you?

As the Prince's good cousin, Prince Jaeun, is here, I will bring some refreshments right away.

No, that won't be necessary.

(Only then did the prince find out who he was and quickly said.....)

Ah. Sorry, I may have been out of line with my prank. By the way, what brings you here?

Isn't it obvious why I am here? Your birthday is around the corner. So, I came to ask you what you would like for your birthday.

My birthday? Ah.. it is right. A lot has happened in the meantime...and I just forgot.

Still thinking about your preceptor Kim?

Can I easily forget someone like my father?

Yes...It may be not easy. So how is your hand injury. I heard; you fell off from horse while training. How can that be?

My mind just wander.....

Your Highness, please put your mind at ease. Royal Preceptor Kim did not want to see the prince like that. Be as active as ever...

I will definitely do that. Thank you, brother. Please allow me to leave first.

(When the prince arrive her quarter, she said to Bok-dong that.....)

Bok-dong...

I am at your service

Bring all the records of the royal family and important officials who are close to this prince.

Pardon...what for...

If something like earlier case happens again, can we still avoid it because we are confused?

Yes, Your Highness. I will.

(The prince has to greet his grandfather in the morning and then, learning Literature, Music, Martial Art, Military strategy, etc. according to his schedule. Then, in the evening he secretly learns the private lesson of the bodyguards Yoon and his mother, the Crown Princess.)

(Note: It is short chapter, however, I think, it may be more convenient to separate chapter cause of introduction of main character. Next chapter will be for Jung Ji-un).