Chapter (18) The King Passed Away?

(After a thorough investigation, the Crown Prince found out that the accused was Prince Changwoon, so the Crown Prince made Prince Changwoon kneel down in front of the girl's grave and apologize. Because of that action, the royal families and noble families raised objection and prompting calls for the prince to be dethrone. While Lord Changchun trying to dethrone the Crown Prince, Lord Sangheon trying to protect the Crown Prince and both sides are being tense.

Lord Sangheon request to see the Crown Prince and he said....)

"Your Royal Highness, why do you do this? Is it worth for a lowly girl?"

"She is the servant of the girl I love."

"Your Royal Highness, you are the Crown Prince of this Nation. You don't have to put your feelings first. Now, the people who want you to dethrone are taking advantage of this opportunity. Why don't you see this?"

"If you can't even protect someone you love, it is useless to be a Crown Prince."

"This's should be the last time you did such stupid things, Your Royal Highness. If you continue to do like this, I will not forgive you, no matter how much I adore you."

(While there is tension between two faction who would like to dethrone and prevent the Crown Prince, the King's Health become serious. Therefore, the Crown Prince was anxious and request to see the King. When the Crown Prince arrived the King's Chamber, she saw the King quietly lie in his bed. The King also saw the Crown Prince and the King said......)

"Didn't I tell you not to put your feelings first, Crown Prince?"

"I am apology Father, but how did your health become...."

"Hwi...don't hate Gyeom...this father didn't ignore you deliberately and love Gyeom more... this is for your safety.....my daughter........

(The prince was startled when the king called "my daughter." Therefore, she asked...)

"Father...you said who..."

"I knew... I knew who you are. Therefore, I refused to appointed you as Crown Prince. I didn't refuse because I love Gyeom more. That is why I also postponed to select your Crown Princess by using various reasons. I pretend to love Gyeom more because I wanted others to pay less attention to you, Crown Prince. By doing this, I believe, in one day, I can give you a peaceful life without anyone noticing."

(The prince burst into tears when she heard her father say this. Throughout her life, she thought that because of her being a girl, her father also give an order to executed her, but actually, her father protected her to the end, even though her father knew her brother was killed instead of her.)

"Father.......... I......."

"But now I think that is not possible...Try to be a good King, Crown Prince. And Gyeom...please don't hate Gyeom.... He love you ...appointed Gyeom as a Crown Prince when you can control the Royal Court."

"Father, why does you say like it is your last word?"

"I know my conditions well. Don't forget what I said, Crown Prince. Save Gyeom no matter what. He is your brother and also a descendant of Joseon."

"I promise father... I must be a good king as your wish and give the throne to Gyeom. So please don't worry."

(Shortly afterwards, the King passed away. Before the confirmation to dethrone the Crown Prince, the King passed way, and therefore, the throne automatically fell into the hands of the Crown Prince.

In addition, Lord Changchun and the Queen were beheaded due to evidence that Lord Changchun was gathered the soldiers to treason and the Queen was suspected to gradually infusion of posion in the King's herbal tonic to worsened health.

The Crown Prince appealed to her grandfather because Prince Jehyeon was also on the death list. Crown Pirnce save Prince Jehyeon by promising to shut his eyes to whatever her Grandpa does. The Prince came to the prison where Prince Jehyeon was imprisoned. As soon as Prince Jehyeon saw the Crown Prince, he asked...)

"Was it really my grandfather who poisoned our father? It's not true, is it? Please tell me it is not true."

"Gyeom...sorry...."

"All my life I have been scared. I was scared that I might take your crown. However, ... I was wrong all along. I was scared that the greed and desire of my mother and grandfather would land me here. Because that would lead to my death. The thought of it terrified me."

"I am truly sorry, Gyeom. I... I thought the hardships only fell on me. I thought it was only I who lived in fear. And I hate you because you got all of love from Father. But... this is not your fault... I am sorry....It was I... who led our father to his death. I am to blame for his passing."

(Prince Jehyeon is hugging the prince and crying. In fact, Prince Jehyeon is 9 years younger than the Crown Prince and who is now only 10 years old. This 10-year-old child just lost not only his father but also his mother and grandfather. How can he maintain steadily?)

"Cry... Gyeom .. cry as you wish. But cry only today... Do not worry. I will save you. You will not die. Never... will I let them take your life."

"Brother..."

"Gyeom.... make sure you remember what you are going to say next. Please grow up as a useless prince in the eyes of others...but secretly learn everything a prince should know. This is the way to save your life...When the time comes, I will be rewarded with the honor you deserve. Do you understand what I am saying?"

"Understand brother... I will listen to you."

(Prince knows clearly that no one can kill her father except her grandfather. Her Grandfather kill two birds with one stone to protect her, who was about to be dethrone, and to remove Lord Changchun. For power, her grandfather, who had even ordered the killing of his own blood, would do anything. Therefore, for the time being, she has to pretend her grandfather's puppet and mean while gather strength to stand opposite with her grandfather.)

(Note: Hey guy sorry, I suffer Covid-19 positive and can't see the screen during these times. Now I feel a little better and update this chapter. I hope you will like.

How could the prince endure being a puppet king and plot to fight back his grandfather? Who will be the Queen? Is Ha-Kyaung? Will Ha-Kyaung get the king's heart, as his father had hoped, and manipulate the king?)