Chapter (25) Will the King and Queen spend their night together

(The King was reading secret letters which was submitted from Chief Commander Yoon in her chamber. By reading these, the King found that her grandfather was so greedy and he secretly gather troops in Yo Young. She can't understand what her grandfather wants to do. Does he have any plan to treason? The thoughts of the King were cut off by Court Lady Kim who brings the snacks for the King. Even though after serving the snacks, Court Lady Kim didn't leave. Therefore, the King asked to Court Lady Kim...)

"Please say, it you have anything?"

"Your Majesty, why did you protect Lady So-eun from the ball? And you even invited her to walk with you. Do you know what others are talking in the palace now?

"How can I not know? This is what I want.

"Your Majesty...Did you know that the queen was there at the time?"

"I know..."

"Pardon, Your Majesty...?"

"Court Lady Kim.... since I got married to the Queen, I stall the time to pick up the selection of auspicious days and I have not spent the night with the Queen yet. Even if I did not go to the Queen's chamber, I feel that her love for me is real and would not diminish."

"Your Majesty, means ......"

"I was worried that if I did not do this, she would not be able to give up. I owed her a lot since I married her. If I allowed to increase her love on me, I would not even dare to face her. Aren't I too selfish?"

"Your Majesty, this is not your fault."

(The king did not say anything more, so Court Lady Kim requested to leave.

No one could understand the King more than she and Bok-dong. Instead of growing up as a young princess, the King had to wield swords like a man, and although she did not want to be involved in power struggles, she became the target of everyone's because she was a Crown Prince. And she had to be careful not to make any mistakes and pretend to be a cold-blooded prince. In fact, only Bok-don and she knew how warm the King's heart was. Now the King is worried that the Queen will suffer. Your Majesty...in fact, it's all because of your grandfather .........

Soon, word spread that the King was walking together with Lady So-en and it reached to the Queen Dowager and Lord Sangheon. Then, Lord Sanghoen came to see the King and asked...)

"Your Majesty... I heard that you were walking with the daughter of Inspector General of the office, Shin Yeong-su... Is that true?"

"I was just walking with Lady So-eun, does it worth your attention, Grandpa?"

"Just walking! But you have never walked together even with the Queen. And I also heard you also protect this girl from the ball... Is that also true...?

"Isn't it just a ball? I didn't protect her from the arrow shoot. They really like gossip. I think, Court Lady Kim should discipline these court maids.

"If it is needed. It's the queen's responsibility to discipline the court maids."

"Grandpa, didn't you know the Queen manner. She enters my chamber without notice. Should I let her to discipline them?"

"This is because the queen is still learning the royal etiquette. However, in any case, it should be done through the queen so that the queen will be respected."

"This grandson is just joking... Why you think seriously, Grandpa?"

"Is that so, Your Majesty? Aren't you thinking of to appoint Inspector General Shin Young-su's daughter as consort?"

"What if I think?"

"She had an obscure relationship with Scribe Jung and because of this, she had removed from Crown Princess Candidate Lists. You think, such girl is worth to become your consort. It should not be."

"You do not have to worry so much, just talk to each other after a long time no seeing. Didn't say that I don't have the right to talk to other girls. Do you?"

"Are you kidding me again, Your Majesty? Will I dare? But... should pay more attention to produce an heir. I will inform the Royal Astronomical Bureau to pick up the selection of auspicious days."

(When her grandfather left, the King sighed. The Queen Dowager called her in the morning and told her to choose a day to spend a night with Queen. The day would soon come to spend the night together. At first, she intended to reduce the Queen love for her and make disappointed to her. However, the plan went awry. The King can't help and so she stops thinking and started to read. Soon, Bok-don run hurriedly and said.........)

"There is a big problem, Your Majesty..."

"What's the matter?"

"The Royal Astronomical Bureau has announced the auspicious days to sleep with the Queen."

"Is that so. I already guessed it may happen soon. It may strange, if the Astronomical Bureau didn't announce the date after the Queen Dowager and grandfather talked about this. Why do you have to run so fast and serious?

"But, Your Majesty, that... is today."

"What? Say it again."

"Today is the day, Your Majesty."

"Why......Why so fast...."

"That's why I say is in trouble..."

(Court Lady Kim also said....)

"What should we do Your Majesty? Why don't you say you do not feel well?"

(Bok-don also said....)

"I will set an empty storeroom on fire. With that commotion, we can manage...."

"No...If I can avoid this time, I cannot avoid forever. I have to go one day. I will go to the Queen's chamber tonight."

(After receiving an order from the King, Court Lady Kim had to go to the Queen's Quarter to deliver an envelope which contain a date for their night. When Court Lady Kim arrived at the Queen's chamber, she saw the queen was writing and there are many papers on the floors. Therefore, Court Lady Kim looked the Queen with a questionable look and the Queen smile uneasily and said....)

"I was writing poems. I heard His Majesty enjoys reading poetry. So..."

"Your Highness, Royal Astronomical Bureau announced the date."

"Really, Is that this letter in your hand?"

(When the Queen said that, Court Lay Kim had to handed the envelope. The Queen immediately opened the envelope and read....)

"Today? This soon?"

"Yes, Your Highnes."

"Oh, my Goodness. I don't know what to do!"

(The queen was so excited and she could not keep her mouth shut. Court Lady Kim could only force smile.

When night came, the king went to the Queen's quarter. On the way, the King met with Royal Secretariat Yang and Scribe Jung. Scribe Jung said....)

"Your Majesty."

"Are you going home?"

"Yes, Your Majesty. You must be heading to the Queen's quarter now."

"Yes, Good Night."

(The King said this and proceeded to the Queen's palace.)

(Note: Will the Queen and the King spend the night together? What reasons will the king give, and will the queen accept it?

Sorry guys. These days, electricity is cut off every night and I only have free time in night. So, I cannot upload.)