Chapter (17) The Crown Prince Confession?

(Shortly after the Crown Prince returned from the Queen Dowager's Quarter, his father summoned her, and so went to the King Quarter. When the Crown Price arrived and greet, the King said....)

"I heard you apologized to Queen Dowager for Shin So-eun."

"I'm apology, Father...."

"Did you really fall in love with Shin So-eun?

"I..."

(The King's gaze seemed to see through the Crown Prince and therefore.... the Crown Prince has no choice and said....)

"I think I understand what you said "If you have to give up a hundred to protect thousands, you have to give up."

The King smiled when the Crown Prince said that and he said to prince...)

"Good...it is good that you understand what I mean. I can relief now. Don't worry too much, because this father will make sure the safety of the Minister and his daughter."

(Shortly afterwards, an announcement was made that Minister of Personnel Shin Young-soo's daughter had been excluded from the list of candidates of Crown Princess Selection. And then, another order was issued to remove Minister of Personnel from his position and expelled to his hometown.

After these two-order announced, the Crown Prince thinking whether the she should go or not to Minister of Personnel home. Finally, she decided to went to the Minister's house. When the Minister saw the Crown Prince and he said...)

"Your Royal Highness, why did you come this lowly home."

"I'm sorry Minister, because of me...."

"Your Royal Highness... I'm the only one who has to apologize. I do not dare to beg pardon and I have no face to show...."

"No...this is not your fault. Please be healthy... I look forward the day when the Minister will return to Hanseong, the capital city."

"Your Royal Highness...thank you for your plea to the Queen Dowager instead of giving punishment to us. But to comeback is.... I can't be possible for the rest of my life."

"Who know? No one can predict the future."

(After talking with the Minister for a while, the Crown Prince also met with Shin So-eun.)

"Why didn't you tell me, So-eun?"

"Pardon?"

"If you had said earlier, I will ask father to grant betrothal you and Royal Tutor Jung. But now, it is because of me you and the Minister had suffer."

"How can I say Your Royal Highness, this is just one-sided love."

"One-sided Love!"

"Because I was a girl, I could not show my love to Royal Tutor Jung and I was not allowed to withdraw from being candidate of Crown Princess Selection. I am not trying to pass the tests deliberately, but I cannot tarnish my father's reputation, right?"

"That's it..., I don't know why girls cannot be treated equally. It is not a fault to be born a girl. Why this world is so mean to girl?"

"Your Royal Highness....do you blame me?

"It's not your fault for not being able to love me, it is my fault that I couldn't make you fall in love with me. If it has to be blame, I should blame myself."

"I am apologized, Your Royal Highness."

"I never thought that the Minister would expel to his hometown because of my Crown Princess Selection. I am really sorry...."

"No, Your Royal Highness... it should be me who have to apologize. And I hard that you appealed to the Queen Dowager for me, why did you...."

"I like you."

"Pardon?"

"I like you even I know it's impossible, but I think I should at least let you know. At first, I came to you according to my father recommendation and I think you will be suitable for Crown Princess Position. So, I just came and met you. However, after that day, I think, I really like you."

"Your Royal Highness..."

"I just think that I will regret it if I didn't tell you. So please don't be mind. Even though it's been a while, I'm really happy to meet you .. Thank you. So-eun.

(The Crown Prince said she liked Shin So-eun because she wanted to let everyone know that she already had someone in her heart even she had to choose someone else as Crown Princess. Only then, all could understand if the Crown Prince didn't go to the Crown Princess Chamber and it will become the best excuse. The Prince feel sorry for Lady So-eun because she use again her. However, she has no other choice.

When the Crown prince say good bye to Shin So-eun and prepared to return, she learned that Shin So-eun's servant had been killed. So, the prince investigated that case.)

(Note: Who is the culprit...? How would the So-eun feel about the prince after hearing the prince's confession?)

Sorry Guy, who eager to read Hwi and Ha-kyaung. I just follow the story line and they will meet again in chapter 19.)