Chapter 8: Worried and Fun

⚠️SLIGHT TW⚠️

It's now ten, Saturday morning. May, Rhodey, Bruce, Pepper, Nat, Steve and Clint are all eating breakfast at the table.

"Where's Tony?" Rhodey wonders.

Everyone looks up from their plates and look at him also curious except for Bruce.

"He's down in medbay with Peter. Something happened last night so I doubt he's gonna come up" Bruce states.

"Why? What happened?" May quickly asks, worried of what happened to her nephew.

"He was stuck in a nightmare. He wouldn't wake up so Tony told Friday to call me down. We tried to wake him up but it didn't work. His heart rate was increasing and his breathing got heavier. Whatever he was dreaming about, he was crying. I put an oxygen mask on him and hooked him up to an IV and heart monitor but when he woke up, he ripped everything off and got up. Tony managed to calm him down and I went to go get him something to drink and eat" Bruce explains.

Everyone's in shocked. They knew he'd have nightmares but not that bad. Nobody liked to hear that news and hated that it was possible for him to get a bad nightmare that it was hard for him to be woken up.

"Friday, pull up a camera in medbay. Show us what's going on" Nat tells Friday.

Everyone turns to the tiny tv hanging in the kitchen as it automatically turns on and shows live footage of the medbay. The footage shows Peter asleep leaning against Tony and Tony also asleep, leaning against the end of the bed and has an arm around Peter.

"Friday, take a photo of Tony and Peter please" Pepper asks politely.

"I took a photo, would you like me to send it to your group chat without neither of them in it?" Friday questions.

"Yea" Clint responds just as everyone gets a text message from their phone.

"When is his friends and Laura and the kids coming?" Steve asks everyone.

"Happy's picking Ned and Mj up at eleven, they should be here by twelve" May answers.

"And Laura is coming with the kids around that time as well" Clint adds.

"Friday can you alert me when Tony and Peter is up so I can go down there and check the blood scans?" Bruce says.

"Will do Green Meanie" Friday replies as Bruce rolls his eyes.

                      <><><><><><><><><><><><>

I start to wake up and open my eyes to see that I am leaned against a sleeping Mr. Stark. I feel my cheeks flush from embarrassment and I quickly get off of him when I notice he's waking up.

"Morning kid. Sleep well besides the commotion?" Mr. Stark greets. I nod my head yes in response. "Fri, what time is it?" 

"It is currently 11:30 in the morning" Friday responds with her voice filling the room.

"Ok I say we get ready for the day. You're allowed to leave medbay since Banner said that you are and I suggest you also take a shower" Mr. Stark claims.

"Ok" I reply following him up as we start to head to the elevator when Mr. Stark looks at me concern. "What?"

"You're still limping a bit. Can you see clearly? Do you need help? Are you hungry?" Mr. Stark bombards me with questions.

"I'm fine. My leg doesn't really hurt but my head kind of hurts. I'm not really hungry" I answer his questions.

"Yea no, you are not walking. I'm carrying you" Mr. Stark states.