Chapter 15: Terrified By A Pest

I wake up on Tuesday morning, sunshine beaming through the outside windows. I see Nat and Clint laying down besides me so I quietly get up.

"You know we're spies right?" Nat speaks up, startling me that I almost fall over.

Clint bursts out laughing before I give him a threatening look and pointing down at my webs.

"Well that's not my fault you aren't always light sleepers and today just so happened to be a light sleeping day" I point out.

"He's got that right" Clint chuckles.

"Good morning everyone. I've made frozen pancakes because I didn't want you guys to wake up to a burning apartment. Can someone explain to me what happened to the mirror in the bathroom?" May greets as she walks towards us, all freshened up.

"Sorry I uhhh punched it" I apologize.

"Why did you punch the mirror? Tell me you didn't see Clint in the mirror and decided to go punch him" she sighs.

I burst out laughing while Clint hits me in the back of my head.

"I'm offended" Clint chimes in.

"Something like that happened. I'm sorry" I apologize again.

"Don't worry about it, we ordered a new one for you" Nat informs her.

"Thank you but you shouldn't have done that" May thanks.

"It's really no problem. Tony never notices when someone takes his money and that's the fun part" Clint chuckles.

"Ok well thank you even though it wasn't necessary. The pancakes are on the table and you should hurry before you're late" May warns me.

"Clint and I will drive you to school. We have to go back to the compound anyways" Nat suggests.

"I call motorcycle! Ha! You get the baby passenger seat!" I announce making Clint groan.

"What? That's not fairrrr!!! Nattttt!!! Make him sit in the baby seat! I mean he is a baby!" Clint whines.

"Says the one who's whining" I point out.

"He's got you there" Nat laughs.

"Mayyyyy don't you want your nephew to not fall off a motorcycle and for him to sit in the safety side seat?" Clint questions.

"He's sticky, he won't fall off unlike you" May implies making Clint groan and everyone laughing.

"Last one to the pancakes is a rotten egg" I threaten as we all immediately race off the couch and into the kitchen.

                      <><><><><><><><><><><>

"Bye мама паук, bye birdbrain! See you at the compound later!" I wave to them as they drive away. I walk into the school and to my locker to see all my friends except Cindy are waiting for me. "Hey!"

"Are you alright?" Ned asks right away as we do our handshake.

"Yea, everything's fine now. Sorry about that" I apologize.

"Guys!" Cindy yells as she runs towards us. "I just heard from our social studies teacher that we're having a pop quiz!"

We all let out a loud groan. Social studies is not as interesting at science and engineering and I mean at all.

The bell rings and we head to our first period classes.

                      <><><><><><><><><><><>