Chapter 13: Secret Door

⚠️SLIGHT TW⚠️

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

I sigh as my eyes open up for today's day. I go to turn off my alarm but...let's just say I need a new one. Whoopsies, sorry.

I spring off my bed and see how bad of damage my alarm clock got. I check to see that it has a dent in the middle from where I was trying to turn it off. I hold back a sigh when I realize I hear the same ringing noise I heard from when Matt was over.

My senses aren't really telling me much though so I ignore it and get ready for school. Once I'm done, I exit my room to see May placing two plates of frozen waffles down. Thank god she didn't cook breakfast because I didn't want to have a burned down kitchen. I sit down and start to eat my frozen waffles.

"Good morning Pete. Everything alright? You've been quiet" May states, starting up a conversation.

"Everything's fine. Why are you up so early?" I ask instead.

"I have a shift soon and I can drop you off of school. We still have a few minutes to spare" May claims.

"Are you sure? I don't want to make you late for your shift" I question.

"Nonsense. I'll actually be a few minutes early if I leave with you. Why do you keep squinting your eyes? I can turn off the lights if you want? Is it a sensory overload?" May bombers.

I didn't even realize that I was even squinting my eyes from the lights. Without getting a chance to answer, May shuts the lights off.

"May, I'm fine though my alarm clock isn't" I mumble the last part.

"Are you sure you wanna go to school? You don't have to go" May ignores me.

"No, I promise I'm fine. I don't have a sensory overload" I assure her. Though something is happening to me, I think. I mean maybe I'm just tired and it made me not realize how hard I hit the alarm clock?

                       <><><><><><><><><><><><>

I walk out of Mays car and see all my friends at the front of the school so I walk up to them.

"Hey guys!" I greet them, making my presence known as they all greet me back.

"So what's going on? Did you get the warrant?" Ned asks.

"Matt got it yesterday and him, me and Mr. Stark are going to Ross's house after school. After, we're going to the tower to put all the stuff we found and print it out. We can't steal his stuff because it's illegal and we can't let him know so we gotta take photos of everything" I explain.

"Speaking of the avengers, how was your sleepover?" Cindy asks.

"Yea! What did you do?" Abe wonders.

"It was eventful but good. Clint and I pulled pranks on everyone and we all played Mario Kart. We also had a movie night until we all fell asleep but then I got woken up to water splashing on me from Clint. I gotta get him back now but I need ideas. Maybe I can spray paint his arrows pink and add glitter? I think he'll love it" I ramble.

"Awesome? What kind of pranks?" Charles questions.

"Oh uhhh well Clint and I glittered Mr. Starks suits and tools from the lab and Steve's shield and Nat's weapons. We also put a blow horn behind a door that Bruce opened! Luckily he didn't turn into the hulk. Oh and we both pulled a prank that I got shot by one of his arrows! Everyone was so freaked out! And I pranked May that I owned cigarettes yet they were actually fake and from Clint. He was trying to see if his kids would take his fake cigarettes. They look so real though! Fri recorded all of it! I'll show you the videos during lunch! Oh and I forgot to mention, Clint and I were being chased by Nat! It was super scary but I know she would never hurt me. Can't say the same for Clint cause he got a black eye. Don't get on her bad side. Mr. Stark was also threatening to hurt us but then I threatened him with May so he gave up and for Steve, I caught his shield! And-" I was quickly saying.