Chapter 20: Why Me

It's Monday and Mj, Ned and I get dropped off at school by Happy. We walk out of the car and head into the building to be greeted by the rest of our friends by our lockers.

"I have amazing news!" Betty announces and we all turn to her. "The field trip to Maine got moved to this coming Monday! But now we are having decathlon practice everyday starting today after school."

Everyone groans. Yes we all love decathlon but sometimes the practices are boring.

"Do you know if we get to have our own rooms or grouped in a room?" Eliza wonders.

"I don't know. I just heard Mr. Harrington talking about it with our principal. He'll tell us more details later" Betty shrugs.

"I can't wait!" Cindy exclaims.

"We have to discuss what we're going to do there" Sally suggests.

"That depends on how many days we are staying there" Charles informs.

"What if we see sharks?!" Abe shouts excitedly.

"Doubt that" Flash scoffs.

"We have to look up the best places to go in Maine" Ned chimes in.

"Definitely" I agree when the bell rings and we all start to head to our first period classes.

                       <><><><><><><><><><><><>

It's fourth period, the period before lunch. Our teacher is on maternity leave so we are having a sub for the rest of the year. He or she isn't here yet so everyone's doing their own thing. That is until my senses goes off.

I look towards the door only to see a female women walking in who I'm guessing is the sub. She's wearing normal clothes and she doesn't look like she's going to kill anybody so I'm not exactly sure why my senses are going off.

"Sorry I'm late everyone! My name is Ms. Savoz, your sub for the rest of the year since Ms. Lopez had to go on maternity lead. Just because she left doesn't mean you are going to get free periods though. How about we go around the room and state your name and a fact about yourself! I'll go first! Since you already know my name, a fact about myself is...I have a pet cat named Sophie! Why don't you go first?" Ms. Savoz introduces and then points towards the table in front of me.

"My name is Cindy and I'm apart of the decathlon team" Cindy speaks up.

"And I'm Sally, also apart of the decathlon team!" Sally chimes in.

"That's great! I heard the decathlon team has a competition soon so I wish you two and the rest of your team the greatest of luck!" Ms. Savoz wishes and then points to my table. "What about you two boys?"

"I'm Ned and I like legos" Ned responds.

"And I'm Peter, I like Star Wars" I say and we continue to go around the room introducing ourselves.

"Now that I know a bit about everyone of you, why don't we start the lesson! So I heard that you guys are on the Avengers unit. Which avenger is your favorite?" She asks making everyone shout out different avengers, making her let out a small laugh. "Well it says here that today we are learning about...Spider-Man!"

Great.

Learning about myself, fun.

"Alright so Spider-Man was a vigilante before joining the Avengers! He is sticky, agility, durance, speed, super strength, a spidey sense and other powers of a spider that is unknown if he actually has it or not. He also has his own web shooters that produces the webs he uses to swing around the city! He originally had a onesie as a suit before having a big upgrade and got even more suits! One including the iron spider suit. Now we all know those basic information so why don't we dig a bit deeper" she explains before going to the computer and pulls out a video. She turns off the lights and then plays the video of spidey.