Chapter 14: Am I Hallucinating

⚠️SLIGHT TW⚠️

"Peter, I am here to announce that you have fifteen more minutes until school starts" Fridays voice fills the lab.

My eyes goes wide. I totally forgot about school and we both lost track of time! I put my tools down and say a quick bye to Mr. Stark before rushing to my room. I quickly change my clothes and throw on clothes that I think are clean and race to the kitchen.

"Hey Queens! What is making you in such a hurry?" Steve greets me and I notice that he's finishing up breakfast.

"I'm gonna be late for school!" I shout.

"HA!! You still gotta go to school!" Clint laughs as I notice him watching us. Steve bursts out laughing and I try to hold in my laughter. "What?"

"You may need to look into your phone camera" Steve informs him.

Clint looks at him with a questioning face but does so. Once he does, his face goes into shock and anger.

"PETER!!!" He screams.

"Sorry I don't have time for you!" I tell him, shooting a web at him.

He yells in protest as he's now webbed onto the couch and I take my waffle. I thank Steve and rush to the elevator so I don't be late.

                       <><><><><><><><><><><><>

I slide onto my chair just as the bell rings.

I let out a relief sigh as I realize that I was just in time.

"So why were you almost late?" Mj asks, making me jump out of my seat.

"I was in the lab with Mr. Stark and we lost track of time until Friday told us I had fifteen minutes until school started. When I went to grab my breakfast, Clint woke up to one of my pranks. I drew a mustache, beard and unibrow on him and wrote LOSER on his forehead. He was mad and I had to web him to the couch and run out of there" I ramble.

"You did that to Hawkeye?!" Sally whisper yells, turning in her seat.

"Class has started and that means no more talking unless you want detention" our teacher threatens us, making us shut up.

                       <><><><><><><><><><><><>

Mj, Ned and I walk into our decathlon meet which was during lunch and sit down at our usual seats. Mr. Harrington was about to say something but Charles beat him to it.

"What was Hawkeyes reaction to you pranking him?" Charles asks.

"He was mad but it was revenge and I got it on video!" I shrug.

"Can we see?" Flash questions.

"Sure" I reply, pulling it up to show them.

Everyone bursts out laughing when the video has finished and Mr. Harrington looks a bit mad at us.

"Sorry to interrupt this but we do have a competition soon next Wednesday in Maine" Mr. Harrington interrupts. "And I hope this one doesn't involve us getting stuck in an elevator."

"How long are we staying there for?" Ned wonders excitedly.

"Till Friday. Now let's practice so we can win this competition!" Mr. Harrington answers before he starts to shout out questions.

                       <><><><><><><><><><><><>

It's last period and the ringing noise has returned. I tried to ignore it and focus on my teacher but I couldn't. I put my head in my hands and try to make it stop even though it didn't stop.