Chapter 17: New Girl

We're in gym class and nothing much has been happening. Our English teacher was absent so it was a free period and that was fun. Engineer class was also fun but when is it not?

Everyone's talking about this new girl that transferred to our school. Supposedly she's in our gym class but I didn't see her yet. Mj and Sally said she was in their art class though and I'm actually talking with Ned, Mj, Flash, Sally, Betty, Charles and Abe when Cindy walks up to all of us with a girl. She has black wavy hair, brown eyes, jeans, a crop top with a jacket and converse.

"Hey guys! This is the new girl Eliza! Eliza these are all my friends! Mj, Sally, Betty, Ned, Peter, Abe, Charles and Flash!" Cindy introduces pointing to each one of us.

"Nice to meet you all!" Eliza greets.

"It's nice to meet you too!" Sally returns.

"We're always glad to have another girl in the group. These boys gets annoying" Mj states making Eliza laugh.

"Hey!" Me and all the boys shouts in disagreement.

"Hey, why don't you join us for lunch?" Betty invites.

"Oh are you sure? I don't wanna bother" Eliza asks.

"Of course we're sure! We'd love to get to know you better" Cindy agrees.

"Then sure! Thanks!" Eliza thanks.

"Alright class! Settle down so we can start your warmups and then move onto stations!" Coach Wilson interrupts.

                       <><><><><><><><><><><><>

It's finally lunch time and I'm starving. Of course I couldn't get much food because I don't have enough money but it's better than nothing. Ned and I walk to our table with our lunch trays and see everyone eating and talking so we sit down and join them.

"Why don't you join the decathlon team? We're all on the team and as long as you're smart enough, you'll fit right in!" Sally suggests.

"I would love to! When's the next meet?" She asks.

"After school. It's usually an hour or two long" Abe informs.

"Will all you be there?" Eliza questions.

"Everyone but Peter" Flash responds.

"Oh why aren't you going?" Eliza wonders.

"I have to be somewhere after school. I promised my aunt I would help her with something" I lie.

"Oh that's sweet of you...I'm thinking maybe we can hangout tomorrow?" Eliza shares her thoughts.

"Sure I'm around" Charles agrees and everyone hums in response.

"We can hangout at four tomorrow. Where should we meet up?" Ned asks.

"Park?" Betty suggests and everyone agrees.

"Hey Mj, what book are you reading?" Eliza wonders.

"This girls brother killed himself and now she's trying to move on with her life but she sees figments of her brother" Mj states in her monotone voice, not looking up.

"You'll get used to it" Sally whispers.

"I may be reading but that doesn't mean I'm deaf" Mj protests, still not looking up.

"Sorry" Sally apologizes but Mj just shrugs.

"So where did you transfer from?" Charles asks.

"Oh I used to go to a boarding school in London but then I came back to live with my parents again" Eliza explains.