Chapter 39: The Fallen Tears

"Someone's gotta wake him up" Clint quietly states as everyone is gathering their breakfast on this depressing Monday morning.

"I'm pretty sure he's already up" Bucky informs.

Ding.

The elevator dings and we all turn around to see Rhodey.

Since when was he getting back today and have the audacity to not tell me?

"Wrong timing?" Rhodey questions.

"Wrong day" I reply.

"Is Peter... is he going to be alright?" Rhodey asks, realizing what day it is.

"We hope so" Steve nods.

"Not at all this week he won't. We have today and then Thursday if the kid wants to go visit Christian at his own funeral" I remind.

"Pretty sure he's going to agree to go. He feels bad about it so he's going to obviously want to apologize to his family" Nat claims.

"Maybe we should stop analyzing him" Bruce chimes in.

"I'll go wake him up" I get up from my seat and as I'm about to go to Peters room, Pepper stops me.

"Go easy on him" she warns.

                      <><><><><><><><><><><><>

I sit up in my bed, staring at my wall.

The morning sunshine, pouring into my room on this Monday morning.

The day of Mays funeral.

All my friends, Mr. Delmar, my superhero family, Lexi and some neighbors and friends are all going to be there.

But I don't want their pity apologizes especially because it's my fault.

I should've been there sooner.

I should've known.

Knock.

Knock.

Knock.

Before I can reply, the door swings open and dad enters the room before shutting the door.

He walks over to my bed and sits next to me on my bed.

"You hungry?" He asks.

"No, I'm not hungry" I respond.

"Look kid, I know but you still have to eat" dad persuades.

"I'm not hungry" I repeat. I hear dad sigh. "I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize kiddo, don't apologize" dad murmurs as he starts to play with my hair.

I lean onto him so my head is against his shoulder. He moves his arm and puts it around me so I have more of a comfortable spot on the side of his body.

                      <><><><><><><><><><><><>

"He's been in there for ten minutes. We should probably go bring them their food" Bruce states.

"Yea but when does the funeral start?" Clint wonders.

"Noon and it's only 8:30" Pepper informs.

So around three and a half hours.

"Friday, what is Peter and Tony doing?" Rhodey asks.

"They are both asleep in spider baby's room" Friday responds.