Chapter 19: Guilty or Innocent?

⚠️SLIGHT TW⚠️

I'm in the small limo with May, Happy, Mr. Stark, Ned and Mj. We're heading to the courthouse on this gloomy Sunday morning. Matt's already there since lawyers are suppose to get there a little more earlier than everyone to discuss rules with the judge. About my other friends and avengers, they should be meeting us there.

Not gonna lie, I'm super nervous. Never in my life would I imagine myself at a courthouse in a trial. We're starting to pull up to the courthouse to see a bunch of paparazzi and the news broadcasting. Luckily the windows are blacked out so the flashes aren't bothering me...yet.

"This is crazy" May speaks up, breaking the silence.

"Yea well being gone missing and coming back to take the head of the government to court, gets a lot of peoples attentions" Mr. Stark points out.

"The cops are starting to clear the area, I suggest you guys go and I'll park the car before coming in" Happy states.

"Keep your heads down and walk fast. Kid, close your eyes and I'll help guide you inside. Kids and May, walk extremely fast and don't let anyone touch you" Mr. Stark demands. We all nod our heads. "Once I open the door, Pj, Ted and May, you three get out as fast as you guys can and remember what I told you."

The three of them nods their heads so Mr. Stark goes to open the door. Once it opens, we were hit by flashing lights and everyone screaming out questions. May, Ned and Mj rushes out of the car for me and Mr. Stark to quickly follow.

Mr. Stark shuts the door behind us and Happy drives away to park. He quickly comes to my side and wraps an arm around me. I close my eyes, still keeping my head to the floor and we walk fast to the entrance.

I can hear what each person is saying and each flash that goes off. It's starting to drive me crazy cause I can't block it out. I notice us walking up the steps when we finally made it inside and the noise cancelled down a bare 20%.

I open my eyes back up just to be blinded by the lights. I try to focus my eyes when they finally refocus and I see May, Mj, Ned and Mr. Stark.

"Are you alright Peter?" May asks all worried.

I just nod my head as I see Matt approaching us.

"We are set to go into a room before the trial starts, I'll show you guys to it and then come back to tell Happy where to send the rest of your friends to us" Matt says, showing us to the room we have to stay in.

                      <><><><><><><><><><><><>

Once we're in, Matt shuts the door behind him after grabbing our phones and leaves us to go back to the entrance. I look around to see a big round table, chairs, a couch, a clock that says it's 11:27 and that's pretty much it.

"What do we now?" Ned asks.

"We wait for Murdock to come back. Then when your friends come, he'll start discussing the trial and so on" Mr. Stark explains.

"How do you exactly know what's going to happen?" May questions.

"Because he already had to go to court with the judge Senator Stern, to discuss the ownership regarding his Iron Man suit" Mj answers.

"Did you say Senator Stern?" Matt interrupts.

We all turn around to see Matt and the rest of our friends and Mr. Harrington in the room with the door closed. How did we not notice them entering...especially me?

"Yea, why?" Mj asks.

"Well he's also the judge for today's trial" Matt informs.

"That guy is such a bitch" Mr. Stark mumbles but everyone hears. "What? It's true!"