Chapter 18: Worrying and Preparing

That is until everyone got into a food coma and passed out cause when I woke up from a nightmare, that's all I saw. I take a few deep breathes and wipe some dried tears from my eyes. I check the time to see it's almost three in the morning when I start to hear it...the ringing noise.

I look up towards Neds bedroom door. I hear the ringing noise coming from outside his door. I quietly get up and make sure my web shooters are on. I turn to see everyone still asleep so I quietly make my way towards his door.

My senses are tingling and the ringing noise is a bit loud. I take a deep breath before I put my hand on the doorknob. I turn the knob to see nobody there. I peak my head through the door and see nothing and nobody but I still hear the ringing noise. This time I hear it coming from downstairs.

I keep my finger above the button that makes me suit appear since Mr. Stark told me he fixed it. I creep down the hallway and towards the stairs. I look down from the railing to see nobody but I can still hear the ringing noise and it's loud. I silently make my way down the stairs, getting ready to attack the intruder.

I look behind the wall to still see nobody but that's when I hear the front door swing open. I turn my head super fast to see the door wide open. I look past it to see nobody there. My senses are blaring now but I don't see anything.

I look around to still see nobody in the house so I make my way towards the door. As I'm about to close the door, my senses are now screaming at me. Before I can react, I get swept off my feet and dragged through the door, outside.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" I scream.

I look up at who dragged me by my foot to see the figure. I throw a punch only for them to catch it and pin me to the ground. I use my super strength and get out of the figures hold. I flip the figure to the ground and as I'm about to punch them, my senses screams.

I look up just as I feel a force, pushing me off the figure. The wind got knocked out of me and I start to cough. I look up to see the figure that I pinned down staring at me with more dark figures next to them. I turn to see the other figure getting off the ground.

I scramble up to my feet and back away from them all. The ringing noise is still blaring throughout my ear drums and I can't hear anything else besides that. The figures starts to close in on me but something is telling me to not show my webs so I do the other thing I could think of.

I run.

I run down the street, in the middle of the road not caring. There aren't any cars out cause everyone's asleep so that's good. My senses are telling me that the other figures are running after me so I don't stop.

The ringing noise is getting louder and louder. I try to ignore it the best I could but I think it made me slow down a bit cause the next thing I noticed, I was getting pushed to the ground. I start coughing and I feel my ears bleeding. I also think I scratched up my arm from the road.

I feel the figure a top of me when I start to feel the other figures helping the figure a top of me out. I try to fight back but all I can hear and feel is myself coughing. I feel my tears stinging my eyes which I use my power to hold them there.

I feel the figures pining me down to the floor but I don't let them win. I grit my teeth and fling my arms up. I feel the figures let go and as I'm about to punch the figure. I see all the figures including that one quickly scramble away so I use that time to get up.

That's when I hear muffling sounds. I look around to see where they're coming from and it seems like it's coming from the figures. I look back and forth between all the figures with their muffling voices and the ringing noise still going off when I let out a scream.